lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2018, 01:08 AM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: New Acquisition

OK. Thanks for the info. I was totally in the dark on that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2018, 02:36 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Bob,

Congratulations on your purchase ! I look forward to following your tear down of this pack.

Here is some interesting information on the 2018 Nissan Leaf Packs: https://pushevs.com/2018/01/29/2018-...ry-real-specs/

What is the maximum continuous discharge current for the 2018 Nissan Leaf cells?
Not sure, have not seen that listed in any of the specs that I have seen. A module rating is 112.6 Amp/Hr and 3.65 volts nominal X 2 and then doubled again, as there are 4 parallel sets of 2 cells in series. Each module is 2p4s, 112.6 Amp/Hr at 14.6 volts nominal.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:30 AM   #13
Sideways
Gone Wild

Nice pick up!
I worked as a total loss supervisor for a major auto insurance carrier before retiring, one of my duties was reviewing bids before selling salvage.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Thank you Sideways

Well, I caved on the request for the air chisel. He said he needed a new one anyways and he paid for it... It was only $25 with a set of new chisel tips. It was a whole lot easier for sure. Opened the top like a can of tuna. LOL

I disconnected the interconnect cables/jumpers first thing and removed the BMS module, in order to help isolate the HV threat. Now to unbolt the pack assembly brackets and remove the module assemblies. There are 24 modules in this pack, and I verified that there are 8 cells per module.

Here are photos of the interior of the pack, and the removed BMS module.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Center Rear.jpg (50.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Left Rear.jpg (44.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Right Rear.jpg (48.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front 12 Modules.jpg (60.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BMS Module.jpg (40.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2018, 03:48 PM   #15
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m drooling watching this. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid, I know it was less than $10,000.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
I’m drooling watching this. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid, I know it was less than $10,000.
The salvage yard knew what they had and they told me the battery pack price new is $12K according to Nissan. They always do their homework before setting a price. Their initial price was $6K + TN sales tax, for $6585.00 total. I was able to buy through my friends body shop in central NC to get rid of the TN sales tax. He emailed them a photo of his NC resale certificate. I had him do the initial negotiating because he's so much better at dealing with salvage yards than I am. Let's just say, I paid less than half of the new price when all of the negotiations were over.

I managed to get the left rear and right rear module assemblies removed fom the pack lower tray, and dismantled. Heavy buggers with 6 double-height modules in each assembly. I am beat! It was a long day already, then having to lift and move those stack assemblies after running out of energy...

Some pics of the 12 double modules, stacked in my living room. Side view, terminal end view, and a view of the steel plates used to maintain clamping pressure on the modules during use.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear Left & Right.jpg (45.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Terminal End.jpg (28.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Top Plates.jpg (45.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #17
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This would make a good PV storage pack.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #18
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seems like a good deal. Market value is about $300-325/module based on eBay listings I’ve seen. So you can make yourself a 58.8v to 67.2v pack for free after selling off the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Seems like a good deal. Market value is about $300-325/module based on eBay listings I’ve seen. So you can make yourself a 58.8v to 67.2v pack for free after selling off the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AND, unlike eBay, you got 2018 with only a month or so use.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

This is gonna be cool.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO