lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
RB_1340
Not Yet Wild

Default Troubleshooting 2000.5 club cart

I just got a 2000.5 club cart for free that needs some work. Back story is it was running fine then they saw battery acid on the floor and the charger stopped working over night. No cracked batteries or signs of them leaking but I know it needs new batteries from a load test. I bypassed the relay in the charger to see it it would kick on and it did. So that leads me to believe the OBC is bad, which I do plan on bypassing in the near future. So last night I plugged the "bypassed" charger into the cart and I had about 53v on the battery pack. After about 10 mins the charger tripped the breaker on my cord reel. So I unplugged the charger from the cart and reset the push button breaker on the cord reel and the charger hums then trips either the breaker on the cord reel or the push button on front of the charger. I did try on a different circuit with same results. I have read about the diodes going bad in the charger. Could this be the diodes? Could I be missing any other issues?

Thanks in advance. New to the site and have read a lot of good information.
RB_1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

What kind of charger is it? Powerdrive1? 2? Other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:40 PM   #3
RB_1340
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Troubleshooting 2000.5 club cart

PowerDrive 2
Model 22110
Old 08-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
twilliams81
Gone Wild

If it’s tripping the breaker on the charger two things to look for would be the rectifier as a bad one would allow it to come on for a few seconds before tripping and also the inline diode going from the power relay to the power cord. You can’t see it but it’s a 1 amp diode thats heat shrinked in that wiring between the relay and power cord. You can get a repair kit for that charger that has that wiring in it along with a rectifier, breaker and power relay. That’s the only way I’ve found that particular wiring though.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #5
RB_1340
Not Yet Wild

Is the rectifier the board on the back behind the transformer? I will look into a repair kit for it. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Yes it’s the 1 inch square on the back behind the transformer...it’s what turns AC to DC

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car