lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Cart won't go up or start on steep grades

To go slow uphil or start out on a hill, you need a high torque motor and a controller to feed the beast. High tourqe motor.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Cart won't go up or start on steep grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickL View Post
thanks all! I checked, batteries full 8+ volts each and just over 48 at the motor. golfcartking.com tells me the armature increase won't do the trick, that i need a "torque system" i may call them as they suggest to discuss what it would take to have them configure one just for my cart. :-) we'll see. had grand kids here all weekend, 4 of us in the cart, still no problem going great up and down hills, level ground ad full speed....just can't stop on hills or take them very slow. i see others in this site have discussed same problem, but no one posted a resolution. I will if and when i get one! thanks to all!
On a full charge you should have around 51V pack voltage at rest. Should be very close to the same at the controller.
Did you measure voltage while trying to climb the hill?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car