lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #1
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Delta q built in 12 volt convertor

2012 ez go electric 48 volt with as far as I know stock delta q on boeard charger along with factory lighting installed. Not a retrofitted fleet cart but factory freedom cart. I’m not original owner but bought cart from campgrounds rental fleet of carts.

So I’m troubleshooting the brake light circuit. Brake switch is good but trying to follow it’s 12 volt source and it seems to lead back to the charger. Does the delta qonboard charger have a 12 volt convertor built into it to power head lights and brake lights( no turn signals on cart). So far it appears it does however I can not find a wireing diagram showing it’s 12 volt outputs.

Head lights,tailghts work ok and I’m getting 12 volts going in and out of (thru)brake switchwhen pedal pushed so brake switch good but not back to the brown wire that connects to tail light circuit ( bulb).
Trying to find source of 12 volt positive from convertor/ charger along with ground from convertor to light harness to further troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Delta q built in 12 volt convertor

I don’t remember ever reading about a 2012 having a reducer, but I’m not the guy to say for sure. They used to tap 2 of the batteries for the 12v. My 2001 cart was like that, but it was 36v, so had 6v batteries. When they went to 48v it would seem they’d have to have a reducer for the factory 12v accessories. Have you found the fuse block? I’d start there and follow it back. On my 2001 it was under the seat on the driver’s side wheel well.

One of the guys that know for sure will be around in the morning.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, the QuiQ charger is available with built in DC converter, and yes, Ezgo did use them sometimes (they would also be found on the Ezgo 2five). Do you have any more info about your model, I might be able to get you a diagram.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well comes to find out once I took a plastic cover of charger. There was a separate dc convertor that was attached to the charger but not part of the charger like originaly thought. It is a sure power charger. Red= dc +,black wire is dc ground, and blue wire supply’s fuse block behind drivers side seat. The 48 volt dc going into convertor are attached to the same battery terminals as are the leads from charger that charger use’s to charge battery bank.
Once Ifigured this out found dirty connection,repaired it and brake lights now work.
Hope this info helps others.
As always I-solved the problem with help from this forum.👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO