lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #11
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2015 Precedent, tail lights on ever so dim, but switch is OFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtlandjs View Post
Bad light switch
I did unplug both wires from the terminals of the switch today and the dim lights continue. :(
cdestuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #12
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Do You have a voltage reducer (48v->12v) or are you tapping individual batteries for 12v?

If You are tapping individual batteries (bad idea), the accessories negative has to be the pack negative.

You cannot tap any other part of the pack for negative as the harness has common connections.
For the led accent lights, I simply tapped into the power wire on the dead side of the headlight switch. These are factory headlights and I believe they are fed by a factory voltage reducer, I may be mistaken on this reducer but either way, the lighting is stock. But I totally disconnected the led accent lighting I had installed and this dim tail light continues.

I bought this cart about a year old, have had it 2 seasons and truth be told, this could have been going on since I bought it but just never noticed it caus it is very dim and where I park it at night there is a post light and I probably just couldn't realize it.
cdestuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:49 PM   #13
bbriggs
Not Yet Wild

My imagination tells me that if the headlights are not grounded in the same way as the taillights then a small voltage might back feed through the headlights to the taillights.
bbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:30 AM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I would think if it was the switch front and back would be on.

Without seeing the cart and how it's wired I would do this (I know it sounds crazy).

Unhook pack - and see if they go out. If so, put it back and unhook pack + and see if they go out.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car