lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #1
RobTide
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying a cart from a golf course?

Hello everyone, my first of what’s probably to many posts...lol. So first question.

I might have an opportunity to purchase a cart from a golf course...it’s a 2014 txt with new batteries for $2350. Obviously I’ll negotiate.

But I feel like I’m buying a car from a rental company. Is it the same thing? Should I just pass and keep looking?

TIA...

:)
RobTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Buying a cart from a golf course?

With new batteries that isn’t a bad price but if they will come down go for it. Check the obvious for wear and tear plus body damage. If it is beat up that might be a clue it was used hard. If you have access to a handheld you can plug in and check for error codes.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd want to see the date code on the "new batteries" I've read far to many times where people were told that the batteries were new when in fact they were not.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
RobTide
Not Yet Wild

Thank you thank you. I have the battery codes on my cell. Common sense tells me less than a year old is about right on the batteries.

I will inspect closely for wear and tear and drive it. In my research I haven’t found any other red flags so far....I’m thinking this might be a good deal as well.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #5
sc.rider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought a cart that was recently retired form a golf course and it seems to be in good shape. I paid just a little more than you for a 2015 but it was also through a company that customizes golf carts and they did an overall check/alignment and delivered it. It seems that's how most carts in my area make it to second owners. I also did a ton of research and I found that in my area, the prices are all over the map. I was seeing 90s/early 2000s carts with off brand batteries in the low to mid $2000 range and others that were just beat for not much less. I just wanted a clean, stock late year TXT that I could work on and build from there if I wanted.

I've also bought two prior rental cars from Hertz car sales over the years. Great cars and would still have the last if it wasn't totaled in May.
sc.rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Expect it to be slow... the TXT48 can be reprogrammed for a little more speed through a dealer.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
RobTide
Not Yet Wild

Follow up.

Checked all the stuff y’all said.

The cart had A9 batteries, some minor scratches but no body damage, new windshield, new sand box. The club cover was dry rotted, but still usable. Tires are great.

It drove fine. Climbed hills like a billy goat, plenty fast enough. Comes with charger, of course...

$2100. I bought it.

Thank you all for the help! I’m sure I won’t be a stranger, because there’s always something to look and I’ll be sure to pass on knowledge whenever I can.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:42 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Deal!! Like Luke said take it out and run it with a gps app to see what speed you have. Freedom should be 19. That controller can be tweaked for a few more.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #9
RobTide
Not Yet Wild

Y’all all about some speed huh? Lol... I’m just trying to get from tee to tee..

I’ll get the golf course cart maintenance guy (next time he comes around) to add a few mph then get it dynoed for y’all.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:46 PM   #10
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

[emoji1303][emoji1303]Glad you got it.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO