lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Alltrax 500 field map

I have an 09 CC Precedent 48v that came with a PQ motor installed with 4g wires and I put in 2017 Trojan batteries (in 2017). With stock controller and solenoid I was hanging around 20/21 mph with meh torque. I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get a bigger controller/solenoid. I bought an Alltrax XCT48500 and 400A solenoid and had it installed. The shop did not map it or plug into a computer to program it. I assume it's set to "default". Upon delivery I immediately felt that torque... Wow! It almost lifts the front tires! Took it for a spin and reached 26mph. I was happy with that but was under the impression that I could hit 28, maybe more on a flat surface. I downloaded the toolkit and interface software and peeked at the settings. Yeah, I don't know what things should be at. I changed the regen and the take off torque so my neck won't snap back. I pressed set and went for a ride. The regen and take off were just where I wanted them but now my speed is diminished. Now I'm hanging around 22 and at a loss as to what happened. I should mention that I used the monitor tab while driving and I was seeing about 3200 rpm out of the 6500 limit.

David Hicks reached out to Alltrax and they gave him a map for the Bandit but it too would only get me to 22 mph. (Thank you by the way)

I want my speed back!!!! Anyone know what I need to have set in there or a fast map I should use?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191004_190709.jpg (239.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191004_190721.jpg (207.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191004_190623.jpg (209.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by bospider01; 10-05-2019 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Forgot info
bospider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 500 field map

Connect the laptop back to the Controller and set the pole count back to 4 poles.

Rather than lowering the throttle rate so much to tame the throttle, a better option is to put it back to 40% and modify the Speed throttle curve to provide more granular control at low speed while allowing fast acceleration after half throttle:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Set the throttle back to 70-80%. It won't take long to get used to it. At 25% it takes you longer to get to top speed.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

40% seems reasonable, I think that's where it was at and I could manage that with a lighter foot. My main issue is still top speed. How did I mess up the 26mph and now only go 22? Why is this not pushing 5k rpm or better? I feel like it's holding back at only 3200 rpm. That's about 50% of the rpm limit PQ states to set it at.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check my answer in the previous post... number of poles setting.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #6
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Check my answer in the previous post... number of poles setting.
Ahh yes,I'll add that to the adjustments. Thank you
Old 10-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Let us know what you find. I still have other Bandit maps I can send you but the one I sent you is the one you're supposed to be running.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bospider01 View Post
I have an 09 CC Precedent 48v that came with a PQ motor installed with 4g wires and I put in 2017 Trojan batteries (in 2017). With stock controller and solenoid I was hanging around 20/21 mph with meh torque. I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get a bigger controller/solenoid. I bought an Alltrax XCT48500 and 400A solenoid and had it installed. The shop did not map it or plug into a computer to program it. I assume it's set to "default". Upon delivery I immediately felt that torque... Wow! It almost lifts the front tires! Took it for a spin and reached 26mph. I was happy with that but was under the impression that I could hit 28, maybe more on a flat surface. I downloaded the toolkit and interface software and peeked at the settings. Yeah, I don't know what things should be at. I changed the regen and the take off torque so my neck won't snap back. I pressed set and went for a ride. The regen and take off were just where I wanted them but now my speed is diminished. Now I'm hanging around 22 and at a loss as to what happened. I should mention that I used the monitor tab while driving and I was seeing about 3200 rpm out of the 6500 limit.

David Hicks reached out to Alltrax and they gave him a map for the Bandit but it too would only get me to 22 mph. (Thank you by the way)

I want my speed back!!!! Anyone know what I need to have set in there or a fast map I should use?
In the second picture, the field map shown is for a stock motor. You mentioned that David sent you the Bandit map, but it is not shown in that second pic. Did you load it after the pic was posted? I also agree with Sergio, 4 poles.

The latest map I have from Alltrax for Bandit-IQ is Ver 3.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #9
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yes, I started with the "default" and that's what these pics area showing. After not achieving 25+ like I expected, I mapped the Bandit one that David acquired for me. I forgot to take pictures but it didn't really change anything, I was still maxing out at 22mph on a straight shot. What is boggling my mind is why was I able to hit 27 those first few days?

I reached out to Alltrax today and they sent me another map to load. I will try that this afternoon and update yall.

Thank you all for all the advice and attention you guys give to us rookies.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #10
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Let us know what you find. I still have other Bandit maps I can send you but the one I sent you is the one you're supposed to be running.
depending on what the latest map Alltrax sent me does, I may want those faster ones. they told me today that 27mph is what they were seeing on average with the Bandit motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car