lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #21
FlyenBrian
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 DS won’t move

No actually it's not. It's a smart charger that recognizes 12/36/48 on it's own. Comes with interchangeable plugs for club cars/EZ go/Yam or clamp ons for standard batts. You tell it whether its a wet bat, gel or the other and it does the rest. Can quick charge or trickle. I was just as skeptical but they work. The cooling fans in them go to sht rather quickly but they will continue to function even after the fan fails.
FlyenBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #22
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyenBrian View Post
No actually it's not. It's a smart charger that recognizes 12/36/48 on it's own. Comes with interchangeable plugs for club cars/EZ go/Yam or clamp ons for standard batts. You tell it whether its a wet bat, gel or the other and it does the rest. Can quick charge or trickle. I was just as skeptical but they work. The cooling fans in them go to sht rather quickly but they will continue to function even after the fan fails.
Sir the item you posted the link for above for is a 12 volt 25 amp High Frequency charger with jump start. I have 2 of the Stanley 6-48 volt (GBCPRO) Stanley chargers with the various golf cart connections, eyelets and clamps. The item you show is not that item.

At any rate, the discussion is moot because Stanley has discontinued both of these chargers.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #23
FlyenBrian
Not Yet Wild

Sorry. Just reposted the link from my Amazon purchase from a year or so ago. Would not be surprised if it was discontinued. It's Friday night and my golf cart excitement level is not that high. Was trying to help. I assure you I owned 3 of the items I described regardless of the link. Will leave it up to yall' to decide if they did or didn't and why the link may have changed. Best of luck with the original poster getting a new charger. My giant silver factory original is for sale. Feel free to make my an offer. The little yellow one with the bad link is happily charging my Trojans as we speak. Have a nice weekend.
FlyenBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #24
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyenBrian View Post
Sorry. Just reposted the link from my Amazon purchase from a year or so ago. Would not be surprised if it was discontinued. It's Friday night and my golf cart excitement level is not that high. Was trying to help. I assure you I owned 3 of the items I described regardless of the link. Will leave it up to yall' to decide if they did or didn't and why the link may have changed. Best of luck with the original poster getting a new charger. My giant silver factory original is for sale. Feel free to make my an offer. The little yellow one with the bad link is happily charging my Trojans as we speak. Have a nice weekend.
I understand how this could be confusing. I bought the GBC PRO to use in a specialty vehicle (48 volts) with a separate 12 volt accessory battery. I loved the charger. I bought another non-working one very cheap in an eBay auction just to get the various connectors. Meanwhile (about 3 months or so ago) I tried to order another new GBC PRO only to find they had been discontinued and the remaining ones went as high as $600 on auction.

After repeated attempts (calls/ emails) I got no response from STANLEY about if they intended to come out with a new similar model. As luck would have it, my working GBC PRO took a crap on me and now I have a situation (nothing I can't solve) where I have to make a change in the vehicle.

Just thought I would pass this along to you and the OP because if he bought the charger (obviously there are still a few available) you posted above it is 12 volt and will not work on a golf cart.

Just wanted to make this clear.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:45 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

FlyenBrian, does your charger look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191122_234326481_HDR.jpg (430.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-26-2019, 04:01 AM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Something stinks here. The above link has been changed.

It WAS a $79 12 volt charger with clamps only.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car