lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2020, 06:46 PM   #11
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Default Re: Alltrax xct upgrade questions...

If you stay with 6 gauge wire remember that you shouldn’t sell the cart ever or warn the buyer to avoid liability!! The next person could use it for a different purpose and burn it down causing injury to themselves or others. Alltrax recommendation was 4, or even 2 for extreme use given a 400.

IMHO a 300 amp is all you probably need. In that case Alltrax says you can run all stock. There are other controllers out there that have claims their controller logic could handle your requirements without upgrades.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax xct upgrade questions...

I’d agree with Scotty, 4ga cables are fine for pretty much any cart, except for the highest power applications. The only real need to go to 2ga is if you decide you need to go 40mph, or have to pull a train all the time.

A couple tips If you’re concerned about dropping tools. Buy some insulated tools, or use Plasti-dip to insulate the handles. Wrenches (crescent/box end/offset/etc) almost never need to be used on a golf cart. I can think of only one thing that you absolutely have to use a wrench for. Everything else is better and easier done with sockets and a ratchet.
If you have a 1/4 drive stubby ratchet with a plastic or rubber handle, and a set of sockets you can do everything and anything in the battery compartment.
When working on other parts of the cart make sure the seat stays on so the battery compartment is covered. If you have to have the seat off, use a large towel or fender cover with the magnets removed to cover the batteries.
A tool hitting the controller is the least of your worries if you drop it into the battery box while batteries are in there. Lead acid batteries can explode their case and spray acid everywhere if you accidentally short a wrench or screwdriver to the terminals. Some extra precautions, and using tools that are short enough to Not reach from one battery post to the other goes a long way toward preventing accidents when working with batteries. If nothing else, wrap the non-working end of the tool with electrical tape.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car