lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2020, 06:29 AM   #1
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Setting for Lester summit ii on board charger?

Just recently purchased a new Lester summit ii. It’s on a 1994 ds converted to a 48 volt solid state. I have brand new batteries from my local batter source. They are 170 amp hour rated and the 20 hour. My question is how do I know what setting to charge them on. There are several different options that all nearly sound the same to me. Also what is the “balance” option? Any help would be great! Let me know if you need any more info.

E200BEB5-D039-43B8-A0D0-35139D551543.jpg
huntingcart2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Setting for Lester summit ii on board charger?

On the labels of the batteries does it say who the manufacture is? In regards to the 'balance' setting, hopefully someone who owns one of these chargers will chime in.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:53 PM   #3
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
On the labels of the batteries does it say who the manufacture is? In regards to the 'balance' setting, hopefully someone who owns one of these chargers will chime in.
No, there is no manufacturer stated on that battery anywhere
huntingcart2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Can you post a picture of the top of the battery with the labels on it?
Most of those Generic batteries are made by the same 1 or 2 manufacturers, but the more important thing is the Amp Hour rating which is the capacity rating of the battery.
Looking on their website it doesn't show any relevant info about capacity. You need to know that at a minimum to select the proper charge profile. It would also be a good idea to find out who actually manufactures that battery. BatterySource buys them from somewhere and just has their labels put on. They should be able to tell you who makes them.

The "Balance" option is part of certain battery profiles. It is either part of the normal charge process, or is a separate charge cycle that you can start by clicking the Balance button. The balance process maintains a higher than normal voltage level on the pack to equalize the final voltage of the individual cells, so the batteries will be more closely matched in voltage or "in Balance" with each other. Batteries that are out of balance will charge and discharge at different rates, and can throw off the way the charger detects when each part of the charge cycle is finished, and can cause either over or under-charging of the batteries. Undercharging actually being worse in the long run.

The Balance option is usually part of the profile, and you can select a profile that has that option or doesn't have it. This is noted as "equalize active" in the profile description. Usually if the profile doesn't have that option in the description, you still have the Balance option button on the Dashboard screen, and can start a balance cycle manually by clicking that button. A balance cycle should Only be started after a normal full charge cycle is finished.

If you can post a photo of the battery labels, we should be able to help you find a suitable profile for them. You can also send an email to Lester tech support asking for a recommendation, but they will need the same info off the battery labels.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car