lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2020, 09:56 PM   #11
Stoner99
Getting Wild

Default Re: Need help from the professionals with motor upgrade

Thanks so much for the help guys! Anything I should know going into this? Like special tools, things y'all would have done different etc? Also what impact will this have on my range? I know that's a very subjective question. Again I really appreciate it!!!
Stoner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2020, 11:39 AM   #12
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I hope you have better luck than me. I have the Captain slow thread post if you read it. Buy the all inclusive package from Scotty. The only thing you will need to provide for yourself is 2 tiny ring terminal connectors for the stock solenoid wires that go to the small posts.
Fireball9298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:47 AM   #13
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
Thanks so much for the help guys! Anything I should know going into this? Like special tools, things y'all would have done different etc? Also what impact will this have on my range? I know that's a very subjective question. Again I really appreciate it!!!
Buy from one of our site sponsors and buy exactly what they tell you.
Ive had great service from David Hicks at Revolution.
I tried the cheap route first and unknowingly bought a chinese counterfeit 400a solenoid from amazon. It was dead-shorted internally and smoked 2 controllers before I figured it out.
I bought a new wiring harness, MCOR conversion, 500a Alltrax controller and 400a solenoid from David Hicks. It was already programmed right out of the box and was a textbook installation.
Cannot say enough good about him.

Also... I have since lowered my rev limit from 6000 to 5000rpm just for a buffer. I dont need the speed, but love the torque.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:58 PM   #14
Stoner99
Getting Wild

Yea Im gonna order the Alltrax 500 from ScottyB. I just am reading that its not a direct fit replacement. I see some people are getting rid the of the weather guard and just mounting it all right on the battery box wall. I like the idea of it being on the rain guard plate. Just dont know how much "fitting" I'm gonna have to do. Like will the HD solenoid fit right where the old one replaces. Then I will have to rerun all new cables etc. Just looking for advice! Thanks in advance!
Stoner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car