lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #11
gallootjs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez-go rxv solenoid

To identify the connection to the battery, I would need to test one of the red wires to the battery ground. The terminal that is not hot is the switched terminal, right?
gallootjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #12
gallootjs
Not Yet Wild

I believe I need to figure which terminal is hot and which one is hot AFTER the switch is turned on. I imagine I need to probe each terminal and the battery ground. Whichever one is hot is the supply and the one that is not is the switched terminal. I believe that’s right?
Old 03-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #13
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

EDIT: Removed original reply by me to eliminate confusion.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #14
gallootjs
Not Yet Wild

Oh, so I probe the smaller terminals (ie not the red wires in the picture)?
Old 03-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #15
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Original post removed by me to avoid confusion
Old 03-29-2020, 06:55 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Chevota, your controller is in danger. Move your "86" wire to the large terminal that goes from solenoid to controller. The output from the controller to activate the solenoid isnt designed for any "add-on" loads.

Also, your little 48v solenoid is only being fed 36v to activate as its currently configured.

Whoever made that diagram was treating the rxv system like an "old school golf cart", which will get very expensive in an rxv.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 PM   #17
gallootjs
Not Yet Wild

So cgtech, which of the four terminals do I test to see which is the switched terminals? The larger ones or the smaller ones?
Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 PM   #18
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Chevota, your controller is in danger. Move your "86" wire to the large terminal that goes from solenoid to controller. The output from the controller to activate the solenoid isnt designed for any "add-on" loads.

Also, your little 48v solenoid is only being fed 36v to activate as its currently configured.

Whoever made that diagram was treating the rxv system like an "old school golf cart", which will get very expensive in an rxv.

cgtech...Sage advice. Many thanks !! One point of confusion though is that my DVM read 48V on that small terminal....go figure. I appreciate the help.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:27 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Depends on the year rxv for the solenoid activation. At some point they went from 36 to 48. Anyway cg is correct, get that wire off of that connection.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #20
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Depends on the year rxv for the solenoid activation. At some point they went from 36 to 48. Anyway cg is correct, get that wire off of that connection.
kgsc....you folks are so helpful, and your contributions are why I joined and support this site. I saw this on YouTube and it seemed to make sense, and it has been working flawlessly for a month..... But I'm an old techie at heart and still learning many new things golf cart related. I still have my pocket protector and slide rule to prove it

EDIT: Removed diagram posted earlier.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO