lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #21
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Captain Slow,a sad comedy-help me figure out why Im so slow! PLZ!

Now since you drove it double check your tow in again. It may have changed.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #22
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

4 mph is a solid gain! Keep us updated once you get the Executioner in.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #23
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice job ! Congrats on the free speed... it cost you nothing !
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:04 AM   #24
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Now since you drove it double check your tow in again. It may have changed.
Dang you were right! I was at 1/4" toe in! I readjusted back to 1/8" toe in. But i didnt gain anyspeed again, haha I'll check it after the next couple rides and make sure it stays put. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
4 mph is a solid gain! Keep us updated once you get the Executioner in.
Will do! Robby said it should be ready in 2 weeks or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
Nice job ! Congrats on the free speed... it cost you nothing !
THANK MAN!!!! I seriously couldnt have done it without you guys! I just bring my customer vehicles to an alignment shop, dont normally mess with this.

Now that i think about it more, it totally makes sense though. My original thinking of the cart rolling super easy by me leaning on it only applies if the alignment is totally F%^cked like it is on my project car right now. You need 2 people just to roll it 3ft forward while in neutral on a flat, haha. (its never driven and suspension is just slapped on there while other work is being done)
So yea back to the cart, slow rolling resistance wasnt really affected but that top end speed, gottem!

Cant wait for the executioner now! I had so much fun driving around with a laptop fine tuning user1(wife) and user2(mine) profile. I got the regen braking just how i want it. We have big hills in our neighbourhood and the company I got the cart from had turned the regen completely off thinking that had to do with top end speed(idiots). yea needles to say i was having to use the brakes hard. alright im super rambling now avoiding getting back to work. ha
Fireball9298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:48 AM   #25
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball9298 View Post
I had so much fun driving around with a laptop fine tuning user1(wife) and user2(mine) profile. I got the regen braking just how i want it. We have big hills in our neighbourhood and the company I got the cart from had turned the regen completely off thinking that had to do with top end speed(idiots). yea needles to say i was having to use the brakes hard. alright im super rambling now avoiding getting back to work. ha
Glad to see you poking around in the Alltrax software.

There is so much you can do to really fine tune and tweak the cart to your liking.
You can also really mess stuff up too.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:37 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Be careful of putting too much Regenerative brake on a Bandit motor as it may produce arcs around the commutator.

A side effect of the bandit rebuild is the reduced regenerative capacity of the Motor itself.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:57 AM   #27
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Be careful of putting too much Regenerative brake on a Bandit motor as it may produce arcs around the commutator.

A side effect of the bandit rebuild is the reduced regenerative capacity of the Motor itself.
Interesting. good to know. I dont have a ton on it. I have my range on my Fn key set to 100-400 for both user settings and i have the knob at about half way ~i think, maybe less. So figure 200-250amp is my setting.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:05 AM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The stock ADC Sepex motor would have a very hard-brake at 250 amps, just listen for sounds or signs or arcs coming from the motor during Regen.

The bandit is really designed for stock controllers and tire diameters, once You replace the Controller the trade-offs they build into the motor to fool the original controller can be detrimental to performance and to the motor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:19 AM   #29
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The stock ADC Sepex motor would have a very hard-brake at 250 amps, just listen for sounds or signs or arcs coming from the motor during Regen.

The bandit is really designed for stock controllers and tire diameters, once You replace the Controller the trade-offs they build into the motor to fool the original controller can be detrimental to performance and to the motor.

Ah, yea than naw its prob closer to 150-200 then. The stock controller regen setting they had on there when they first gave me the cart braked a LOT harder than the setting i currently have one there. Naw it feels good, smooth and quite when i let off. No funky noises.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car