lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #1
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2002 PDS TXT electrical problem

I have an 2002 PDS TXT with an year and a half old Admiral MOT-B2 motor and an ALLTRAX XCT 500 controller and brand new Trojan batteries. When I installed these I upgraded to an 400 amp solenoid and 2 gauge wiring. Recently when I go to take off and depress the pedal the cart will act like it wants to take off then just stop. If I let off the pedal and depress it again it will do the same thing numerous times, the issue with this is it only does this randomly, it only does this every now and then. It only happen at first then the carts seems to drive fine. After it started I went ahead and replaced the ITS and microswitch which did not appear to fix the problem. I ran the ALLTRAX program on my laptop while hooked to the cart and it doe not appear to be logging any fault codes. I also pulled off the cables from the motor and completed the continuity checked and it all looked good. the only thin I did not replace when I upgraded everything was the two smaller wires going from the controller to the motor, but I did take a quick look at them and did not see and bare spots. Also I forgot to mention when I did the upgrades I also replaced the keyswitch and PDS rocker button. What concerns me about this is it was doing something similar before I did all of the upgrades and burned up a DCX controller, at the time I just thought it was a bad original motor because it looked bad when I took it apart, but now I am not sure. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 PDS TXT electrical problem

Sounds like a loose connection on the F/R switch or keyswitch or pedal switch. A momentary loss of voltage on one of those inputs to the controller will shut off the output to the motor until cart stops and pedal is brought to the full upright position.

Turning those switches off won't trigger an error, but it would most likely show up on the data log as a 1 changing to a 0 in the column for that switch.

If you have the .csv file of a data log that was recorded at the continuous sample rate when the cart was misbehaving, zip it into a .zip file and attach the .zip file. And I'll take a look at it if you want.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie I will check all the connections on those items that you mentioned. I will try to get a data log in the next few days and zip it and attach it here. The only problem is it is so random. I hate intermittent problems!
Old 04-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Intermittent problems that happen randomly are the most difficult to troubleshoot.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just read another thread that someone had problems with their run/tow switch. With this being said I am having intermittent problems with my cart starting and stopping when I first press the pedal. As previously stated I have replaced my motor, controller, batteries, battery cables, solenoid, ITS, ITS microswitch, key switch and fwd/rev rocker switch. The run/tow switch is about the only thing I have not replaced. Makes me wonder if it is acting up. What is the best way to test/jumper it?
Old 04-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You can put the wires on the same terminal to test. Unplug it, write down where the wires are, connect red and red/yellow together on one side then red/white and orange/red on the other. Now plug it back in and test.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO