lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
USCDude
Getting Wild

Default FVP Batteries

I searched the group before posting and found nada. What is the big difference in Trojan and FVP? Please speak to me as I am a 8 year old.

Trying to replace my 12V Trojan - T1275.
USCDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: FVP Batteries

Trojan publishes a lot of pertinent information about their batteries, FVP doesn't, so are they trying to hide something, or maybe they don't have the slightest idea what specs GC battery buyers are looking for, or they might just be incompetent.

Bottom Line: Without having any specs for the FVP GC batteries, no comparison can be made.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You’re best off sticking to one of the ‘big 3’ battery brands- Trojan, Crown, and U.S.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
USCDude
Getting Wild

If I only use my golf cart for riding around my hood. Max about 30 mins at a time. What batteries would you suggest? I have an RXV. 4 battery 12 V setup.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:52 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I can say Do Not buy "marine deep cycle" batteries, the amount you "save" isnt a value at all for reduced range & reduced lifespan. They typically dont even last 1/2 as long as real Golf Cart batteries do.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I’m guessing RXV cart. If it were me I would swap out the battery tray for the one that holds 6 8 volt and replace the 12s with 8s. About the same price and much better run time.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #7
USCDude
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I’m guessing RXV cart. If it were me I would swap out the battery tray for the one that holds 6 8 volt and replace the 12s with 8s. About the same price and much better run time.
Out of my skill zone.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDude View Post
Out of my skill zone.
Not that bad. Pull the batteries, tray is held in with a few bolts, pull it and bolt up the new one. Will need a new set of battery wires but that is about it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #9
USCDude
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Not that bad. Pull the batteries, tray is held in with a few bolts, pull it and bolt up the new one. Will need a new set of battery wires but that is about it.
I hear ya, but I'm just looking for replacement batteries at this time. My wife has me doing enough around the house on this lock down!
Old 04-24-2020, 10:48 AM   #10
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I bought a set of FVP batteries (6-6 volt) years ago for a Club Car I had. I live in AZ in a small RV park that's relatively flat. They lasted 4+ years, until I sold the cart and bought a newer EZGO. They were still going strong when the cart was sold.

Again, they never had hard, hard use as there's no hills or off-roading around here, and I always kept them charged.

Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO