lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
Olustee bus
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery voltage reads high, try to move cart and gauge indicates low voltage

And it won't move. 2004 ezgo txt

Cart has sat idle for two or three years. batteries about 3 years old. Filled the batteries up, and charger will not charge. Using various chargers on individual batteries, I got the total voltage to 34.5 volts. Try to move and gauge on dash shows low voltage.

Thanks to this forum, I fixed the charger problem (auxiliary charger plug contact). Now the battery charger works and it should charge it up.

My question is, if the total voltage I read is 34.5, is that not enough to move the cart? If it indeed has that much voltage, why is that gauge showing real low voltage.

I am going to leave it on charger and I will update tomorrow.

Thanks.

Buster
Olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery voltage reads high, try to move cart and gauge indicates low voltage

Because 34.5V is extremely low voltage for a 36V battery pack. Fully charged is typically 38.2 volts, 36V is about half charged and 34.5 is about 10% charged. See attached chart.

As for cart moving, does solenoid click when pedal is pushed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (66.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery voltage reads high, try to move cart and gauge indicates low voltage

Also, which drive system Series or PDS?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:39 AM   #4
Olustee bus
Not Yet Wild

thanks. The solenoid is clicking but no movement. I don't know about drive system. Gotta look it up.
Olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:32 AM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olustee bus View Post
thanks. The solenoid is clicking but no movement. I don't know about drive system. Gotta look it up.
If you just want to see if the cart runs, try lifting the back wheels off the ground, that way you are only asking the low batts to spin wheels instead of moving entire cart.

You likely will need new batteries for that cart to be usable in any practical way.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the battery pack voltage as you press the pedal and the solenoid clicks and report what the voltage drops to. Chances are they are dropping way low under a load. Three years is way to long for batteries to sit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO