lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Why would the resister on solenoid get hot ?

2001 club car ds 48v stock 250 Curtis controller cart was running ok with. Intermittent cut out no click on solenoid I could hear the mcor clicking then the cart would take off and run fine again. I go out this morning cart won’t move solenoid no click but a weird like dead battery click from solenoid the I smell something hot feel around and the resistor is burning up I disconnected everything bench tested the solenoid it clicks and make contact across the big terminals.residyer still reads 240ohms. Here is a weird circumstance when I jumped the leads on the ceiling white I have my jumper cables hooked to the batteries positive and negative for 48 bolts I have all the lights and speaker system coming from a 12 V inverter and when I hooked up the Scylla Noyd I hit it off the cart it clicked the lights came on in the speakers came on with the negative post not connected in the golf cart only the positive in the inverter was hooked to the positive cable also so I was wondering if it’s possible that the negative was reading back through the positive
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #2
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Why would the resister on solenoid get hot ?

I forgot to mention the controller was also out of the cart so there was nothing hooked up except for the inverter to the positive battery
Old 05-01-2020, 03:52 PM   #3
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Why would the resister on solenoid get hot ?

Ill answer my own question why the resister gets hot is because the solenoid is tracking a crap and the cart is trying to pull juice threw the solenoid so I need a new solenoid for anybody that this happens to in the future.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car