lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2020, 06:43 AM   #1
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez-Go 2five power upgrade

I have a 2015 Ez-Go 2five bought brand new. I live in a community where we have lots of hills. Hills are very steep and with 4 full grown people someone usually has to get off to make it up the hills. I just replaced the batteries with new 8volt Trojans. Everything else is 100% stock. Wheels, tires and etc....

My goal is to get more torque and hill climbing. 25 mph is plenty fast but 30 would be a little better.

What are my options? I知 reading a little about the 600 amp Navitas controller but not sure it痴 compatible with my set up?
Jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-Go 2five power upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraham37128 View Post
I have a 2015 Ez-Go 2five bought brand new. I live in a community where we have lots of hills. Hills are very steep and with 4 full grown people someone usually has to get off to make it up the hills. I just replaced the batteries with new 8volt Trojans. Everything else is 100% stock. Wheels, tires and etc....

My goal is to get more torque and hill climbing. 25 mph is plenty fast but 30 would be a little better.

What are my options? I知 reading a little about the 600 amp Navitas controller but not sure it痴 compatible with my set up?
You are correct, the Navitas is not compatible with the factory options on the 2Five. If you mail the controller to me, I can reprogram it to give you 28% more torque, and speed it up as well... Send a PM to usgicollector. Depending upon where you live, I may be able to do this in person with the controller still in the 2Five. That allows me to tweak the rabbit/turtle speeds more to your liking...

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

I知 not finding how to send pm?
Old 05-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I知 not finding how to send pm?
Wait an hour, and by then your PM should be working. You are new, and just made the number of posts required to earn PM privs.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:30 PM   #5
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Still not able to create pm. I知 in Murfreesboro.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:55 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I sent you a pm look where it says private messages top right corner.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:52 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I thought so, looked up the zip code in your username. I've been in your area twice in the past month. LOL

usgicollector helps me with scheduling the reprogramming trips. He sent you a PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #8
Pickensmd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob, I知 new to this forum but been using the same username across plenty of other forum platforms for over a decade. I have been a lurker here for quite some time as I bought an RXV and put a lot of time and effort into it making it what it is so far. I also, bought and built a TXT from the ground up for my parents last Christmas for them to have some fun with as they are now in a better community aimed towards gold carting. I have read plenty of your posts and would love to pick your brain about options for further upgrading my RXV. I have the stock Curtis 235A controller and have read that you do a lot of work with those.
Pickensmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickensmd View Post
Bob, I知 new to this forum but been using the same username across plenty of other forum platforms for over a decade. I have been a lurker here for quite some time as I bought an RXV and put a lot of time and effort into it making it what it is so far. I also, bought and built a TXT from the ground up for my parents last Christmas for them to have some fun with as they are now in a better community aimed towards gold carting. I have read plenty of your posts and would love to pick your brain about options for further upgrading my RXV. I have the stock Curtis 235A controller and have read that you do a lot of work with those.
Yuppirs, they are my most common reprogrammings...

Make 2 more posts so that usgicollector can PM you. I have an upcoming trip planned for next week, if we can get everything scheduled. The plan is to work my way east through NC/SC to I-95, then south to the Miami area. West to I-75, then north again. The day before I leave for that, I may be making another trip northwest a bit.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #10
Pickensmd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yuppirs, they are my most common reprogrammings...

Make 2 more posts so that usgicollector can PM you. I have an upcoming trip planned for next week, if we can get everything scheduled. The plan is to work my way east through NC/SC to I-95, then south to the Miami area. West to I-75, then north again. The day before I leave for that, I may be making another trip northwest a bit.
Great to hear. I actually live really close to Georgia, so if your schedule permits maybe I can bring it to you or meet you before you set off on your trip.
Pickensmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO