lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #1
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Duracell Batteries

Tried searching before posting, couldn't find anything.. My 48V 2010 Precedent that I bought has 2013 Trojon T-875 batteries. They are growing tired. New camping season, site is at top of hill, moving slow. Campground owner, (35 years), says he uses Duracell from Sam's Club. I checked them out, $104 each. The date on them is 12/19. I also checked out Batteries Plus. $125 each, date codes are 4/20. Batteries Plus version also says "Ultra" and "Pro". Specs are all the same, both are GC8 8V. Can't help thinking the Sam's club version besides being 6 months older might be less than perfect. Like when you try to find straight lumber at Home Depot. Either way, I'm not spending twice as much for Trojans. Thoughts? I realize this is a popcorn thread, just looking for others experience. Also ordered all new cables.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Seang1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2020, 08:18 PM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Duracell Batteries

I put a set of Duracell's from Sam's in my 99 DS last spring and am completely satisfied with them. If you aren't in a big hurry they usually put them on sale for $20 off a couple times a year.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
I put a set of Duracell's from Sam's in my 99 DS last spring and am completely satisfied with them. If you aren't in a big hurry they usually put them on sale for $20 off a couple times a year.
The guy at Sam's wasn't able to tell me anything about the batteries. The guy at Batteries Plus was able to tell me about the batteries. He said the batteries at Sam's were likely the same battery. I also have to join Sam's to get them. We only get a 5 month season. If I'm going to buy new batteries I want to get the whole season use out of them.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Duracell are made by Deka by East Penn battery out of PA. Decent batteries, and to be honest, it's hard to beat their price for a set of batteries that will likely last 5-6 years if you treat them right. If you got 7 years from Trojans, expect about 4 or 5 years from the Duracell batteries.

The oldest set of Trojans I have here is coming up on 8 years and they've out lived every other set of batteries in our carts. But they also get very good maintenance, and slightly less use compared to what other carts here tend to get.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:12 AM   #5
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Duracell are made by Deka by East Penn battery out of PA. Decent batteries, and to be honest, it's hard to beat their price for a set of batteries that will likely last 5-6 years if you treat them right. If you got 7 years from Trojans, expect about 4 or 5 years from the Duracell batteries.

The oldest set of Trojans I have here is coming up on 8 years and they've out lived every other set of batteries in our carts. But they also get very good maintenance, and slightly less use compared to what other carts here tend to get.
I inherited the batteries in a golf cart I bought the cart used last year from a golf course upgrading some of their fleet. I charged it and added distilled water. I check the water quarterly. If the campground was flat I could probably get another summer out of them. I'm okay with not getting the life expectancy of a Trojan. I'm more concerned that the Duracells at both Sam's and Batteries Plus have same specs, same size but labels are different.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
gmtech
Not Yet Wild

$104 x 6= $624 plus sales tax. I can buy t-875's locally for $730 otd if paying cash. I assume you could find a similar deal locally. For the little bit of price difference I couldn't justify the cheaper batteries. Just my take on it.
gmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:15 PM   #7
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech View Post
$104 x 6= $624 plus sales tax. I can buy t-875's locally for $730 otd if paying cash. I assume you could find a similar deal locally. For the little bit of price difference I couldn't justify the cheaper batteries. Just my take on it.
Exactly what I was going to say.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:44 AM   #8
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech View Post
Depends on where you live, when I bought my Duracell batteries they were on sale at Sam's for $84.00 and T-875's were $135.00 at the local Trojan dealers.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Very much so, depends on your market.
Trojans around here are upwards of $140 each now. I think they're a little closer to $150 at most places. Cash money or not.

The Duracells are often on sale at Sams for $99 here.

With our usage, I fully expect 10 years from a set of Trojans, where the East penn batteries that most of my carts had before were totally shot between 5 and 6 years. It makes up for the difference in my case. But for some people their usage and cart needs or maintenance habits (or lack-of) it makes more sense to use the less expensive batteries. I don't shy away from recommending East Penn batteries, especially when someone wants to save a few $$$ on the cost of a new set of batteries. Or if they really only just want to replace only 1 or 2. Not my normal recommendation, but sometimes there are budget constraints.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:40 AM   #10
Laker_Dave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I know it’s apples and oranges but has anyone had any experience with these.
https://dakotalithium.com/product/da...v=7516fd43adaa
Laker_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car