lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Memmerson1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Post DS Car won’t move

So I bought a used 2002 48v DS club car and its in great condition. How ever randomly it stopped working. When I press the throttle I hear the micro switch but I get no fwd or rev and also no rev buzzer. I confirmed that the tow and run switch is working properly and confirmed that the FnR switch is working properly. When I go back to the solenoid the small terminals work properly with the key on/off, however the big terminals have constant power going across them all the time... any thoughts on that as well as what it could be? Also please support next steps. Thanks in advance!
Memmerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: DS Car won’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memmerson1 View Post
So I bought a used 2002 48v DS club car and its in great condition. How ever randomly it stopped working. When I press the throttle I hear the micro switch but I get no fwd or rev and also no rev buzzer. I confirmed that the tow and run switch is working properly and confirmed that the FnR switch is working properly. When I go back to the solenoid the small terminals work properly with the key on/off, however the big terminals have constant power going across them all the time... any thoughts on that as well as what it could be? Also please support next steps. Thanks in advance!

Don't know what you mean by the small terminals "working properly" with key on or off. Does the solenoid click?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
Memmerson1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So by the small terminals I am referring to the signal leads coming from ignition. No the solenoid doesn’t click. For the larger terminals (carrying the load) when I remove both the battery cables from both sides of the solenoid they both have 48volts.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memmerson1 View Post
So by the small terminals I am referring to the signal leads coming from ignition. No the solenoid doesn’t click. For the larger terminals (carrying the load) when I remove both the battery cables from both sides of the solenoid they both have 48volts.
Impossible if the solenoid is unhooked from the cart.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:47 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

With everything hooked up and the resistor in place you should get pack voltage on one side of large posts and near that on the other.

If the activation circuit is working and the solenoid is not clicking the solenoid is bad.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #6
Memmerson1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I kid you not. The negative wire of my multimeter on the battery ground and the positive on the both the wires of the solenoid separately when disconnected I get 48volts at both wires... that’s why I’m scratching my head too.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Put your positive lead on the + side of the small activation circuit and see what it reads.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:06 PM   #8
Memmerson1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It reads 47.9. my attached picture shows the yellow cable coming from the computer and disconnected like so in the photo it reads having 48 volts at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (161.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #9
Memmerson1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So if I disconnect the that small red wire that’s on the same teriminal as the big red wire that’s connected to the solenoid. The yellow then slowly drops its 48volts. Some how that red wire is feeding it... maybe a short in the computer... idk
Old 07-13-2020, 07:48 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you talking about the On Board Computer or the Controller?

Look in the Club Car "Stickies" in the Electric Club Car section and tell us what diagram matches your cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car