lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #1
Zanders
Not Yet Wild

Default 36v ego troubleshooting

I've got a 2009 Ezgo 36v with roughly 2 year old lead acid batteries. All cables look fine. It works just fine Initially in a full charge of about 6.5-6.7v per battery. After about 30 mins of use on mainly flat road, Im having a very difficult time getting up a moderate incline. Especially my driveway from a stop at the base. Overall voltage at that point is between 29 and 31v on a full throttle. Resting voltage at that point is 6.1-6.3v per. Is it just the batteries or something else? Its just not putting out enough torque to get up the incline unless I dont slow down at all before climbing it. I'm not sure what else those symptoms would indicate failing.
Zanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v ego troubleshooting

What is the make/model of the batteries?

What is the battery pack voltage about 12 hours after the charger shuts off? (See attached SoC chart)

Which drive system (Series or PDS)?

Sounds like battery issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (63.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

How steep is your "moderate incline?"
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #4
Zanders
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
What is the make/model of the batteries?

What is the battery pack voltage about 12 hours after the charger shuts off? (See attached SoC chart)

Which drive system (Series or PDS)?

Sounds like battery issues.
Batteries are duracell SLIGC110. They are usually around 40.8v fully charged 12hrs later. They just drop quite quickly after 30 mins use under load to 33ish
I honestly don't know the drive system. I dont have a tow switch and I would guess series but again I'm not 100%.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:21 PM   #5
Zanders
Not Yet Wild

The incline isn't anything crazy. It's about 15 to 20 feet long and rises roughly 5 ft from curb to garage.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:02 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanders View Post
Batteries are duracell SLIGC110. They are usually around 40.8v fully charged 12hrs later. They just drop quite quickly after 30 mins use under load to 33ish
I honestly don't know the drive system. I dont have a tow switch and I would guess series but again I'm not 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanders View Post
The incline isn't anything crazy. It's about 15 to 20 feet long and rises roughly 5 ft from curb to garage.
Normal voltage for a 36V pack in good health is roughly 38.2V with 12 hours rest after charging. Not sure why voltage is staying so high.

What make/model charger?

Also, the individual battery voltages ought to be within 0.1V of each other. You pack may need to be equalized.

No Run/Tow switch means it is a series drive.

A 5' rise on a 20' run is a 25% grade, which is the max recommended incline for an EZGO cart.

-------------
The standard 6V battery used in a 36V pack is 225AH and you have 215AH batteries, so they won't have the range as the standard 36V pack and that will be a contributing factor for having trouble getting up your driveway at the end of a trip.

Also, are the tires stock height (18") or are they taller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGO - Stock Incline.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Grade conversion chart.jpg (167.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO