lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #21
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can solenoid click and still be bad?

My wiring does not have reed switch, tiny white wire goes straight to screw. Should a check micro pedal switch next?
daleebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The pedal switch is a little hard to get to (floor mat has to be raised), so I'd find the in-line concector at the end of the gray cable coming out of the pedal box and check for voltage on the green wire from the keyswitch. If you have pack voltage there, check fo voltage on the red wire when pedal is pressed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #23
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

ok guys I discovered I have a bad micro pedal switch, I opened up floor mat and replaced it. As soon as a replaced it I burnt it up. I bought 4 more and just burnt the second one. I now have the correct 36v solenoid in place and I have the 2 resistors in place. What could be wrong now? Why am I burning up the micro switch? Could the resistors be faulty? Something wrong with controller? The more info the better. I at least like that fact I am learning as I go deeper even though I would love to ride my cart again.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:35 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleebz View Post
ok guys I discovered I have a bad micro pedal switch, I opened up floor mat and replaced it. As soon as a replaced it I burnt it up. I bought 4 more and just burnt the second one. I now have the correct 36v solenoid in place and I have the 2 resistors in place. What could be wrong now? Why am I burning up the micro switch? Could the resistors be faulty? Something wrong with controller? The more info the better. I at least like that fact I am learning as I go deeper even though I would love to ride my cart again.
The black thingy that connects between the solenoid's two small terminals is a diode and it has the be installed with the banded end connected to the small terminal with the red wires on it. Otherwise it will burn out the pedal switch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #25
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

Well it must be bad diode because I have it hooked up
Old 09-28-2020, 08:09 AM   #26
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Well it must be bad diode because I have it hooked up
But it may be hooked up backwards, as JohnnieB has said the end of the diode with the white band has to go to the positive small terminal on the solenoid or it will take out the pedal microswitch. You could try leaving it off and see if the microswitch survives and the cart runs.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #27
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

If you look at my attached pic this is the original way wiring was setup and this is the way I have it now
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BE4BEF9F-B2B5-41DD-B059-2DDF954F91B1.jpeg (35.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #28
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

We cant see the band on the diode, wire is in the way.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #29
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

My golf cart is up and running again. I want to thank everyone for the help and now I know a little more about how the cart operates.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
My golf cart is up and running again. I want to thank everyone for the help and now I know a little more about how the cart operates.
Well now you know more. What was the problem? That way those following with the same or similar problem can learn and be helped as well.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO