lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #11
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries die off quick

Can you send each batteries voltage 10 hours after they have been fully charged but not used/driven.
Also invest in hydrometer., under 20 bucks at auto store and send those readings at same time.
Clean” all “terminals before charging along with checking water levels, use only distilled water in batteries. Not tap water.
Post results here 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2020, 04:55 PM   #12
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Can you send each batteries voltage 10 hours after they have been fully charged but not used/driven.
Also invest in hydrometer., under 20 bucks at auto store and send those readings at same time.
Clean” all “terminals before charging along with checking water levels, use only distilled water in batteries. Not tap water.
Post results here 😊
Thanks, will do on the voltage. I will have to get a hydrometer.
boandbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #13
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=Cobra,1;1769050]Can you send each batteries voltage 10 hours after they have been fully charged but not used/driven.
Post results here 😊
1 - 6.43, 2 - 6.14, 3 - 6.46, 4 - 6.38, 5 - 6.47, 6 - 6.43.
This was off charger 12 hours.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #14
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 48v with 6 8volts Trojan batteries. They are about 2.5 years old now but I havent really been impressed since I installed them which was when they were new. Not sure about shelf life wise though.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #15
boandbabs
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by boandbabs View Post
Thanks, will do on the voltage. I will have to get a hydrometer.
Thanks for the support. I let the cart get weak and then checked the load / voltage using the cart to apply the load. I found 1 shorted battery, the one that the positive is connected to. I do have 1 more question. I have a 350 amp Curtis controller, lift kit. I use the stock solenoid which gets hot and clicks out. I believe it may be a 200amp. Should I get a 200amp / 800 amp peak solenoid or should I go with the 400 amp solenoid? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:03 AM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Battery #2 is Sus. Saw it faking tasks in the motor room.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO