lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
bobby1253
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Interstate batteries - good experience?

Anyone out there have a good experience with Interstate 8-volt batteries? Looking to get GC8 HCL-UTL's.
bobby1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Interstate batteries - good experience?

The battery listed has a 170 ah capacity. That's good. Not the most but certainly adequate.
Interstate batteries are made by Johnson Controls in Mexico. Some good batteries have come out of Mexico.
Satisfaction matters greatly upon use and care rather than name brand. Make sure you have a battery meter on the cart to avoid abuse.
I think Interstate will stand behind the batteries they sell.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

May not be relevant any more, or too golf cart batteries, but I will throw out that years ago, mid 2000s, when I was a mechanic we carried Interstates for about 3 years and got so tired of the failures/returns on them we switched to Powertrons. That shop still sells Powertrons.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Doesn't Trojan make Powertrons? It's hard to keep track...I forget who bought Trojan a few years ago.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Doesn't Trojan make Powertrons? It's hard to keep track...I forget who bought Trojan a few years ago.
C&D Technologies. ~2018 They in turn are owned by an investment group I think. Trojan has been on double secret probation with me ever since. What I've noticed: Labeling has changed and they no longer stamp the date code on the negative post apparently. Not sure when that happened exactly but it's pretty recent. I haven't seen any indication that quality has changed one way or the other yet but I'm not in the battery business. The problem is it will take a few years for any change in quality to show up.

A local independent golf cart shop had a similar experience with Interstates a few years ago as mentioned in a previous post #3. Doesn't carry them now. FWIW
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:59 PM   #6
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just picked up a set of Trojan 8 volt batteries today and they have the Date stamped on the negative post. I have seen some Trojan batteries in carts that did not have the date stamped on them so not sure what is going on with them.

On the Interstate batteries. I have a set of 12 volts in my DS that are 2004 still going. Going to run them through the winter (if I can) replace in the spring.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #7
fletcher9000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No idea if applicable still... but I have (3) marine deep cycle Interstate batteries in my boat, and they are unstoppable! Going on 6+ years, and they run the huge sound system all day without a hicup, and still it started and take me home. When they die, I'll be replacing with the same for sure.
fletcher9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:31 PM   #8
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
I just picked up a set of Trojan 8 volt batteries today and they have the Date stamped on the negative post. I have seen some Trojan batteries in carts that did not have the date stamped on them so not sure what is going on with them.

On the Interstate batteries. I have a set of 12 volts in my DS that are 2004 still going. Going to run them through the winter (if I can) replace in the spring.
One of the local Cart Rental Companies ordered (6) T-875s for me on 10/8/20, instead of being stamped into the Neg Post, the Date Codes are silk screened? (JO) on the top corner of the battery case next to the Negative Post. The printing/silk screening? appears to be much more legible / durable than the old way of stamping in the Post.

In the mid 80s mid 90s we carried Interstate Batteries at my Boat Shop, they were fine, never an issue, in the mid 2000s after a career change away from turning wrenches, I put a pair in my F-250, they didn't last much more than a year, I had to drive 170 miles round trip to get a refund from the Interstate Distributor, nobody in my area carries Interstate anymore, nobody.
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:08 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I have had good service from Interstate golf cart batteries.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car