lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2020, 03:04 AM   #1
The Villager
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lift Kit Questions

I don’t need a cart for golf. I an looking for the smoothest ride.

Questions:

1. Would a lift kit give me a smoother ride?

2. Can an 48 Volt pull a cart with lift kit. (All black top roads, no hills).
The Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2020, 07:28 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lift Kit Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager View Post

Questions:

Answer to #1---A Jakes kit has a few different setting for "soft" ride and "stiff" ride. This depends upon where the upper shock is bolted onto the Jakes frame. However, this may depend upon what YOUR definition of "soft" and "stiff" is.

See this in the Jakes install instructions: https://www.jakesliftkits.com/golfca...ravel_Lift.pdf Where it states: NOTE: There are several locations to mount your shocks. Outside holes are for a stiffer ride and inside holes are for a softer ride. The top hole on the outside is for a 4” lift. Each hole below lifts the cart an additional 1”.

Answer to #2---A properly setup 48V has no problem powering a cart with a lift kit.

EDIT: My 48V powered cart with a Jakes 6" lift kit has no problems traversing the hills and mountains of Southwestern Pennsylvania. It also does just fine on smooth blacktop roads. My Jakes front lift settings are on "stiff" mode and my kidney's don't mind it at all. See my setup in my signature below.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd be doubtful the ride gets smoother. Typically people put larger tires on after a lift for both cosmetic and off-road purposes. That's another aspect that can impact ride greatly. My 6" lifted with 23" tires RXV rides ok. It's stable at high speed, but not very athletic on turns as expected. It can get a bit bouncy on some roads at higher speeds. It's not uncomfortable, but it's no Lexus.

I have the Jakes kit, and I read about a lot of people complaining about their cart being really shaky at high speeds, I find mine tracks straight and is stable, although it's no Porsche it's not out of control or pulling or anything. It seems people with Jake's kits fare better based on comments I've read here (not a scientific statement).

48V will have no problem. Outside of increasing some drag/wind resistance, a lift alone doesn't really change the straight line power/performance of the cart. However, the larger wheels/tires that often accompany lifts will. Increasing the diameter of the rotational components (wheels + tires) has an adverse effect on wheel torque, but it also increases top speed due to larger rotations from the same motor RPM.

The general consensus around these parts is tires 20.5" and smaller work fine, but anything larger and you need to consider upgrading components, notably the controller and wires.
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Questions:

Lift kit has no bearing on the torque of a cart. Larger than stock tire diameter will directly effect torque (adversely) however can increase top speed .

Shocks will address ride quality. Tire height (the space between the rim and the road) will also affect the "softness". A 205/50/10 tire will be a firmer ride than a 205/65/10 . A LT lift can be made (as stated previously) be made to be soft or firm as any other drop arm or axle kit...but there are trade offs with street driving on a LT lift....really meant for off road. I experienced adverse tire wear.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #5
The Villager
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I went to the Street Rod golf cart store for a test ride yesterday. These carts are manufactured in Iowa. They are beautiful and have great options, but they ride poorly, shake and are very loud. I am now happy with the performance and ride comfort of my EZGO Electric.
The Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I went to the Street Rod golf cart store for a test ride yesterday. These carts are manufactured in Iowa. They are beautiful and have great options, but they ride poorly, shake and are very loud. I am now happy with the performance and ride comfort of my EZGO Electric.
Wow that's a lot of coin for a cart .
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:19 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

https://www.streetrodgolfcars.com/inventory

Is this the place ? Man.....$28K for a golf cart? Oh well, if you got millions to spend then it's all relative.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #8
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
https://www.streetrodgolfcars.com/inventory

Is this the place ? Man.....$28K for a golf cart? Oh well, if you got millions to spend then it's all relative.
That’s not uncommon for The Villages community. A lot of residents ditch their cars and use carts exclusively
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smooth ride
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO