lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2020, 07:25 PM   #1
beemc
Not Yet Wild

Default rxv wont move

rxv quit moving turn key to r and buzzer sounds but wont move in forward or reverse tow switch wont release brake either
if i swap the plugs it will release the brake and i can push the cart
any ideas what it can be ?
beemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: rxv wont move

What year cart? Will be helpful to know if it's a Danaher or Curtis controller.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Easiest thing to try is pulling back on the throttle pedal. I just use my foot every time the cart is turned on, haven't got around to shimming the spring yet. Beyond that I'm not much help.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:58 AM   #4
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

When you go into F, does the solenoid click? Does it click twice? If the latter, I'd take a close look at the solenoid, make sure all connections are tight, nothing looks loose or melted. Swapping a solenoid is cheap and easy, I find these tend to fail first, but your issue could be anything from a controller to the charging cable being plugged in (or charging receptacle thinking it's charging) to a bad throttle sensor.
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #5
PelletRick
Not Yet Wild

Following
PelletRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #6
beemc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
When you go into F, does the solenoid click? Does it click twice? If the latter, I'd take a close look at the solenoid, make sure all connections are tight, nothing looks loose or melted. Swapping a solenoid is cheap and easy, I find these tend to fail first, but your issue could be anything from a controller to the charging cable being plugged in (or charging receptacle thinking it's charging) to a bad throttle sensor.
when i turn on the key solenoid goes click click is there a way to test solenoid ?
Old 11-12-2020, 01:11 PM   #7
billybobRXV
Not Yet Wild

On my 2016 when I hooked electrics back up I did not hook up the charger wires to the battery pack. My cart was disabled but the condition cleared once I hooked the charger port wires to the battery pack. The attachment is from the Controller section of the manual related to faults/results/recovery. My guess is the blue wire from the charging port to the Controller carries the noted voltages that the Controller needs to see, otherwise the cart is disabled. So if you did any electrical wire work make sure charger wires (including blue wire) are installed correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-11-12 130732.jpg (32.5 KB, 0 views)
billybobRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:26 PM   #8
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemc View Post
when i turn on the key solenoid goes click click is there a way to test solenoid ?
You can test power going across it, but the second click is it deactivating itself so there won't be any current across. If you pull on the cables/lugs are they on snug?
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #9
beemc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
You can test power going across it, but the second click is it deactivating itself so there won't be any current across. If you pull on the cables/lugs are they on snug?
there is 50v going through soleniod when key is on
all connections look good
its a 09 rxv
Old 11-14-2020, 12:14 AM   #10
roygarcia54
Not Yet Wild

Is the double click a sign that the solenoid is bad. I’m having a similar issue and I already replaced the motor brake still won’t move so I’m stumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roygarcia54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO