lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #11
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Switching from series to Sepex.

KGSC. Thanks a lot. Huge help!
EzgoNewbie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2020, 06:57 PM   #12
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, newb question. I am not a fan of the sepex switch....if I understand that right, as it is the only new part on the cart and that switch is a mofo to toggle. I am wondering if that is because it has no power... ir is it always that hard?

Not ragging on the change, just curious why you would change to a sepex, longer lasting?

Thanks

Curious how yours goes.

R
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The series type shuttle has a lever between the front seats that makes shifting pretty low-effort, assuming the linkage isnt all wore out (even then, shift effort is low, but actually getting it all the way into gear can be a pain).

To OP, make sure you buy a robust Sepex motor (not a fancy speed motor for regular street carts), and be ready to find out it might not fit over your input shaft without modifications to input shaft.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 10:50 PM   #14
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoNewbie305 View Post
The Controller it came with was a Curtis 1205-112. It only has 3 spade terminals.

I don’t need an additional 20 feet of cable. I’m getting rid of it by not using the f/r switch because it’s a limo.

I plan on using an switch instead and running an Sepex.
Sorry, I read that as meaning you were adding battery cables, now it makes sense.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:32 PM   #15
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m switching to Sepex because the series motor on the cart is worn and I need a new one regardless. I’m going to run 23 inch tires so I need extra amps, so I got a 600 amp controller that is compatible with both system. And the 1991 cart’s original f/r will burn up because I’m running a Nissan Leaf pack I made that is a higher voltage.

Taking out the sliding f/r and running it thru the controller will (hopefully) mean less part and less to break. Also the cart only has rear drum brakes and running regen braking will help stop it after getting to higher speeds and running bigger wheels.

This shuttle is the type that the front seats are directly above the front tires, so the f/r is between the front wheel wells. There is no linkage, the shifter handle is connected directly to the f/r switch.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #16
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool beans.. I will look forward to seeing how yours works out ;)
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:29 PM   #17
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, I’m working on this conversion. I have the new harness and I think I’ve figured out where most wires are supposed to go. But I have a couple of questions.

1. The accelerator this cart has is not the typical pedal box. But I think I’ve located the potentiometer, (black and white wires) and I located the pedal switch also (spade connections). Does a typical pedal box plug into the harness? To this? Picture 1

2. Is the second picture something that goes to the charging port? Can this be bypassed by connecting it to the negative on the cart somewhere?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8A89B5C3-241B-4184-ACE4-F6D2D4324C13.jpg (184.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3B83BCFD-FA8A-4262-9DED-80AEB2322108.jpg (170.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wire in second picture is for the charger disable circuit. Controller is looking for pack positive voltage to operate with a stock controller. What pins do the wires go to from the plug?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #19
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The plug has 4 wires. White, black, yellow and green. My guess would be white and black to ITS or potentiometer and the green and yellow to the pedal switch.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoNewbie305 View Post
The plug has 4 wires. White, black, yellow and green. My guess would be white and black to ITS or potentiometer and the green and yellow to the pedal switch.
That depends upon what year and model wire harness you are asking us about. It could be a Curtis program plug, in which case you would not use it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO