lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2020, 08:57 AM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 27 mph RXV

I have a step son who has been wanting to drive my golf cart around our neighborhood by himself but he is 11 and I know he isn't ready to drive at 27mph. I think I know the answer but is there an easy way to slow it down only when he wants to drive? I'm not to worried about him driving it alone until he gets a few years older at least but if I could govern it then maybe I could let him.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 27 mph RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut2000 View Post
I have a step son who has been wanting to drive my golf cart around our neighborhood by himself but he is 11 and I know he isn't ready to drive at 27mph. I think I know the answer but is there an easy way to slow it down only when he wants to drive? I'm not to worried about him driving it alone until he gets a few years older at least but if I could govern it then maybe I could let him.
Every town, city and state that allows golf carts has rules and the first rule is always the same. The driver must possess a valid driver license. if you let him drive YOU are totally responsible.
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I live in a gated RV resort in Arizona. Although street-worthy and licensed golf carts are allowed on the public streets, no one from our park travels on the public roads. They use our private park roads exclusively.

Every driver must have a valid driver's license due to liability and insurance reasons. Park rules. Enforced, esp. at Spring break, when kids are visiting. No exceptions.

Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:44 PM   #4
67elky
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe Bob is working on rabbit/turtle switch solution. I am also wanting a way to lock it into slow mode. I have a few years, but I am more worried about when I have a 16-17 yr old boy cruising around with his buddies. That is when they really do dumb stuff.
67elky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the input
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:26 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

1 teenage Male = 1 teenage male brain
2 teenage male = 1/2 teenage male brain
3 teenage male = 1/4 teenage male brain

And so on... each teen added, reduces thinking capacity by 1/2, at least that was always how it worked for me when I was a teenager.

I dont know, I could be being generous here...

But, as far as golf carts go, the rxv is very close to "absolute throttle", so, blocking the pedal travel will be very effective at limiting speed, even down hills.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Add a teenage female and everything goes out the window
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:24 AM   #8
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
1 teenage Male = 1 teenage male brain
2 teenage male = 1/2 teenage male brain
3 teenage male = 1/4 teenage male brain

And so on... each teen added, reduces thinking capacity by 1/2, at least that was always how it worked for me when I was a teenager.

HaHa. You nailed it.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:25 AM   #9
GerardFlores
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Good morning,

My wife and I are in a similar boat. We have a 2010 EZGO RXV that she enjoys, but does not like to go too fast. I am the other hand don't mind a bit of speed. We are there for going with that Navitas system on our ego RSV. It has the option to lock it in at different settings. Good luck and keep us up to date! I'm getting mine installed tomorrow:).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 4.24.08 AM.jpg (12.8 KB, 0 views)
GerardFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #10
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

here come all the rule/law nazis and unsolicited parenting tips and barely hint of a solution to the problem.

great group we got here!

But i agree to just do something quick and easy to limit how far down the pedal can go.
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO