lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
txscottyr
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax precgarge error

Folks...I am on controller 4 from alltrax...they keep sending me new ones but it's broken again and I almost have to think it's a cart error...works great for a month or so..then the old 1 green 6 red issue...then never a resolution other than a replacement....any help here is appreciated...are these normally stable controllers?...fyi..alltrax does a great job replacing them, but I am growing tired of the issues.
txscottyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax precgarge error

The definition for the Precharge error is the B+ voltage and the KSI Voltage varies by more than 5V.

The KSI (Key Switch Interlock) voltage starts at the reed switch and ends at the yellow wire on the solenoid coil, but goes in and out of the controller several time and I don't know exactly where the the comparison takes place, so:

Connect your DVM's negative test lead to the XCT's B- terminal.
While you are getting the 1-green 6-red error code measure and record the voltage at the XCT's B+ terminal and on all 10 pins of the 10 pin connector while it is plugged into controller.

AS for reliability of the PDS version of the XCT, I have one of the first, if not the first, XCT48400-PDS (Build date 5/19/2015) controllers sold to the general public and other than needing some tweaking to match my cart's setup, it has been working flawlessly since I installed it in May 2015.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO