lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2021, 07:54 AM   #1
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Brake light micro-switch - Need assistance

Yes, me again, Margaret... heh

So, this "kit" comes with a brake light switch. Now...let me make the disclaimers:

1 - I have a 1996 EZGO TXT, electric, WAS 36v...now 48v.

2 - I ramble... lol

So, Switch1.jpg is a picture of a switch just like this... but the switch is part of a RecPro all LED Deluxe Street light kit.

Now, the instructions... yea... WOW.. useless...so, the instructions are for the entire harness, and like 3 pages. All black and white and 2-3 photos. The brake switch appears to be mounted behind the floor and appears to be activated when/if the brake "arm" hits it.

BUT.. in the online videos... they did it better.. they installed it into the brake floor pad so when your foot pushed, it clicked.

I am curious if anyone else installed one of these and how they did it. I am going to follow the instructions, because that is where it appears to go.. but seems to me that the "arm" moves sideways and thus could easily miss the button... bad design imo.. heh..

Anyway, floor is not back on yet, waiting on more small parts....

I keep replacing little pieces as I go rather than using the old junk :P

Anyway, figured to ask if anyone had a picture of what they did.

Thanks!

R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg switch1.jpg (5.6 KB, 0 views)
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2021, 08:36 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake light micro-switch - Need assistance

That switch is set up to be wired either "normally open" (NO) or "normally closed" (NC). Two of those screw terminals will be marked as such and the third will be common (COM). If you mount it through the pedal you would use the NO & COM terminals to turn the brake lights on when your foot presses the switch. If you mount it under the floor you would arrange your bracket to have the button pushed in when the brake pedal is up / at rest and use the NC & common terminals. That would have the lights off when the button is pushed by the pedal lever and turn on when the brake pedal is pushed moving the pedal lever away from the button.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:04 AM   #3
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I see how they did it....they mounted it above the arm... so when the brake is pushed, it releases the button....eh...I liked the brake pad one better, heh.. but this will do.

Not much I can do atm... cannot button down the body because I need to run the last of the wires.. cannot run the last of those as I am waiting on a few small parts.. lol...I hate that I am CDO and cannot put old crummy parts back in :P

R
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #4
cbdeese61
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I used one like this and it works great....much better than to old one I had in the brake pedal. I love it and mine has a timer to shut down if you leave the brakes locked...maybe your does too
cbdeese61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO