lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2021, 07:01 PM   #11
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Navitas question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcc4 View Post
Again thanks! But I am a newbie so I have 1 more question for now! I had a local dealer install the controller.....but after some research I may have had a bad speed sensor causing my slower speed(10 mph max) because the speed doesn’t show on the app(RPM or MPH) tested with the Navitas tech on the phone. He said I had a bad speed sensor. But I am really happy with the controller. Just don’t think the shop configured anything correctly. My pedal goes half way down before the cart moves. I assume I need to get a new speed sensor and recalibrate the pedal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may just need to recalibrate the throttle voltage, but neither speed nor RPM showing on the app is not right. If you go to the screen where it shows "throttle voltage", (among numerous other things with values next to it) and there is a number next to it (not the normal place where you change that number) and double tap, it will start a self-explanatory calibration for users who don't otherwise know how to set it. It will guide you through the process of pushing the pedal down slowly etc... and will set the values for you. I have a 600A Tac2, but I'm guessing maybe it is the same process for what you have. I set mine manually, but you may want to try that and see what happens. I'm not positive what access level of the app you need for this to show up, but I think it shows up in the more basic user access levels AFAIK.
Good luck.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2021, 07:52 PM   #12
jkcc4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks I will give it a try. Yes I’m not sure about the missing speedo and RPM on the APP. It shows up only on first start and then drops to zero. The Navitas tech had me disconnect the speed sensor and jumper(tap) across the harness while looking at the APP and it did trigger the speedo and RPM readings. That’s why he said bad speed sensor. Thanks again for the response.

jkcc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:02 PM   #13
davo32683
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcc4 View Post
Thanks I will give it a try. Yes I’m not sure about the missing speedo and RPM on the APP. It shows up only on first start and then drops to zero. The Navitas tech had me disconnect the speed sensor and jumper(tap) across the harness while looking at the APP and it did trigger the speedo and RPM readings. That’s why he said bad speed sensor. Thanks again for the response.

Did you replace the speed sensor? I wonder if I’m having the same issue. Just did the navitas 440 on my precedent and seems pretty slow and no reading of mph or rpm in the app
davo32683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car