lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

Talking 48V Alltrx 400

Hello guys

I building a EZGO PDS 48V, new D&D motor with XCT48400-PDS. All new wiring
new batteries, get everything hooked up and getting high and low throttle input underrange error codes. 2 green blinks and 4 red blinks on controller with laptop hooked to it, no light on controller off of just batteries. Any suggestions would be appreciated
lazer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2021, 07:51 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48V Alltrx 400 HELP!!!

The laptop only powers up enough of the XCT's electronics for programming.

Not powering up when laptop is disconnected is the problem to be resolved.

Check for pack voltage on all four pins of C3 (J3) to & from Run/Tow switch.

Without laptop connected, the XCT should power up (LED flashes green four times and then steady green) when Run/Tow is in Run and keyswitch is on and the charger disconnected from charge port.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT-NCT in PDS Rev-F.jpg (217.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:28 PM   #3
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

Hey Johnny

Run/Tow on the yellow and orange wire im getting 38v and the red and the white wire im getting full pack voltage. ive called and talked to Will at Alltrax and he ran some diagnostics with me and all checks out but nothing works!!!
im on my 3rd controller.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like there are some dirty contacts on the Run/Tow switch, but 38V ought to be enough to power up the XCT.

Try jumping C3 Pin-1 to Pin-2 and Pin-3 to Pin-4. That bypasses the Run/Tow switch contacts.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:05 PM   #5
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

I’ll try in a bit when I get home, Will from Alltrax said he thinks that’s my problem. He said should be getting pack voltage on all 4 terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #6
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

Hey JohnnieB

Wires are bypassed and still nothing, not really sure where to go from here.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:33 PM   #7
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Sounds like there are some dirty contacts on the Run/Tow switch, but 38V ought to be enough to power up the XCT.

Try jumping C3 Pin-1 to Pin-2 and Pin-3 to Pin-4. That bypasses the Run/Tow switch contacts.

Tried it and still nothing

Old 03-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48V Alltrx 400

The attached is for a stock PDS controller, but the requirements are the same for the PDS version of the XCT.

You need to have full battery pack voltage on all the wires highlighted in red to get the solenoid to click, so make sure those voltages are present. If they are and the controller is not powering up, the controller is most likely bad.

Also, make sure all the plugs are correctly oriented and fully seated. (I had a heck of a time getting J1 to seat fully when I installed my XCT and I've seen picture of J1 not being plugged into the right row of pins.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #9
jbax
Not Yet Wild

This sounds almost exactly what I just went through. Alltrax said the global shutdown and high/low throttle input voltage errors were just false alarms because the controller was not detecting adequate external power. If you disconnect the 10 pin connector from the controller and measure the voltage on the two red wire pins are they both your pack voltage or is one different?

If the inner wire is something different you need to check the reed switch. In my case I had this incorrectly connected to my charger and had to connect the reed switch wire to the B+ and the controller powered up and back in service.
jbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:20 PM   #10
lazer08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The attached is for a stock PDS controller, but the requirements are the same for the PDS version of the XCT.

You need to have full battery pack voltage on all the wires highlighted in red to get the solenoid to click, so make sure those voltages are present. If they are and the controller is not powering up, the controller is most likely bad.

Also, make sure all the plugs are correctly oriented and fully seated. (I had a heck of a time getting J1 to seat fully when I installed my XCT and I've seen picture of J1 not being plugged into the right row of pins.)

Hey Johnnie

Ran down all wires from the diagram, the wire that goes to the reed switch I’m getting 38v to everything else checks at 50.4V. The only wires from diagram that I’m not getting anything on are the red/green from the pedal box.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO