lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
Jacobmarquez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 EZGO TXT 3inch spindle lift kit - rear brake locking up

Hello all, so I just installed a 3'' spindle lift kit on my 2014 ezgo txt48. the rear brakes are stuck because the rear lift kit is preventing the cable from releasing the brakes. I know I have to swap the rear hubs, in order to move the cable to the bottom. I have looked all online, but haven't found any info on doing this. Is it as simple as removing the tire, and then removing the four bolts and nuts holding the hub to the axle? I know I have to take the crown nut and pin out in order to slide it out, but is that it? Will the whole hub just slide out from the axle after those bolts are removed? Do I have to do anything besides un pin the brake cable and slide it off from the axle? Any input would be helpful before I dive into it after work today.

Thanks!
Jacobmarquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 EZGO TXT 3inch spindle lift kit - rear brake locking up

The problem is usually the drivers side cable is too short, the solution is buy a (longer) passenger side cable & install it on the drivers side. This is a common issue.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO