lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
Predataber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ClubCar DS sluggish weak forward; reverse is fine

My neighbor is complaining his cart goes extremely slow in forward but drives great in reverse. He wants me to take a look but I’m not very familiar.
What I do know it this, it’s a 2002 DS with a directional leaver for F/R, not a rocker switch. Batteries are good and hold a charger. I figured maybe MCOR or something along those lines but will go look at it in bout an hour. Thanks for any suggestions for what to look at/for. I thought this was a more common issues as I recall hearing of it before, but nothing is jumping out at me. And I don’t believe this style cart has the typical speed sensor issue.

Again, thanks in advance.

I’ll get history troubleshooting details from him today. (When it started, any changes/events that happened around the time of this issue)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5F89DE57-846C-4BE9-B9BD-3EC9726FDB1A.jpg (234.3 KB, 0 views)
Predataber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #2
Predataber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ClubCar DS sluggish weak forward; reverse is fine

Some more pics from my visit today. Cart seemed to function find but speed we very slow, under 10mph with extremely slow take off. Reverse seemed normal like any other cart.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

The microswitch with the Zip Tie around it should be mounted on the Forward/Reverse switch in place of the other one with no wires attached. It's function is to limit the speed that the cart can achieve in reverse. I would investigate that circuit first.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
Predataber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
The microswitch with the Zip Tie around it should be mounted on the Forward/Reverse switch in place of the other one with no wires attached. It's function is to limit the speed that the cart can achieve in reverse. I would investigate that circuit first.
Ahh. So it’s permanently compressed by that zip tie. Could that be causing the sluggishness? (And earlier I said it runs “great” in reverse. I meant to say it “runs as expected” in reverse) why would that arrangement be setup like that?

Tags
2002 ds, aa02, forward issues, series
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car