lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2021, 09:10 AM   #1
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Alltrax Upgrade - Differences

I just installed the Alltrax 500a (tuned to 400a) on my 2018 Club Car Precedent Villager, with new solenoid and wires (keeping the original motor). It did give me about 4 MPH faster than the stock 250A controller (24 MPH top speed right off the charger).

There are a few things I noticed are different now, and I'm wondering if those are things are functions of the previous controller and if they can be changed in the options of the programming of the Alltrax, or is it a hookup problem, or something that was only from the previous controller.

1) Before the upgrade, when I plugged in the charger, I would hear three beeps, to confirm that the cart was charging. Now no beeps.

2) Before the upgrade, when the cart was plugged in, the cart would not move if you hit the accelerator, but it does now.

3) When you remove your foot from the accelerator, it appears that the motor regen kicks in right away, before, it used to just kick in right before you stopped. For instance, now there is no "coasting", because as soon as you stop pushing the accelerator, the regen of the motor kicks in and slows the cart down pretty quickly.

4) I also noticed now when the cart charges, the stock "bar" battery meter usually doesn't ever make it's way all the way up, but if I toggle the tow switch, then it shows full power.

I liked the three beeps to confirm it was charging and the fact that the cart couldn't move if it was plugged in (so I don't forget to unplug it). Is there any way to have those features with the new Alltrax controller?
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car