lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 Speed Motors

Kits are complete - You will need to call our shop with model and voltage fro correct part number.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #12
hawgs
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Kits are complete - You will need to call our shop with model and voltage fro correct part number.
What all comes in the kit? What kind of speed would you expect seeing from a 48v CC with good batteries? Is there a core charge or trade in for old motors?
hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Speed will be around 22 - 23 mph. Speed and electric's have some tricky secrets. The BIGGEST improvement I have ever seen is how much your tire / wheel assemblies weigh. Most people don't think about this, but I have found a few setups that are under 25 lbs per wheel. The difference of a 25 lb tire and a 33 lb tire is almost as good as a controller upgrade. To answer your question on a core exchange, there is a credit, but by the time you ship it, you'd be better off holding onto it for another project, or selling it to another carting buddy. The kit comes with the motor and switch kit, plus all the cables required for the kit. Does not include battery and motor wires - I would suggest that you eventually upgrade the rest of your wires to 4 guage...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Hawgs,
My top speed was 22-23mph with 5yr old batts., they are really crashing now with a top of 20-21, torque still gets me 18mph. Do your research, one thing I've learned is you'll always expect more than you get....not a bad thing, just do your research. I've spoke to Chuck @EMP extensively, great guy, just tell him what you want to achieve or some of the other sponsors might already be selling that setup? When I do it again, I will send or ask for a EMP modified "larger" motor. I get the impression EMP can do just about anything. My cart is a 1995 CC DS 48v. Good luck!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
maxwestphal
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just installed a switchable EMP DA5 limo motor that Chuck customized for my 98 CC DS series cart. I have a stock controller and wiring. Test drive in speed mode and the cart seemed about twice as fast as before the upgrade. Speed also doubled uphill in speed mode! Currently installing a 6" lift and 22" tires....will follow up with more details and GPS speeds once that is complete. I was blown away by the performance increase! Everything I read suggested I was going to need to replace controller/wires/solenoid/F-R switch...and possibly motor as well to get what I wanted. Best upgrade I could have done was the switchable limo motor. Nothing else is needed. Thanks Chuck, you are the man!
maxwestphal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

In my old cart that I sold, I installed the EMP motor in it. I just hard wired it to speed mode. My cart was a 36v ezgo (resistor, upgraded to controller). I ran it mostly on 48v and it had lots of torque and speed. I would for fun wire in some extra batteries for 72v and it was scary fast.
I used my cart for hunting and never needed the torque mode.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
JK Fab
Getting Wild

Anyone else have more input on this setup. I am interested in something like this ! Right now i am running the typical 36v motor on a 48v series cart.
JK Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
maxwestphal
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The 6" lift kit is in with 22" tires mounted. The cart runs great with this setup! I will post pictures and GPS speed readings shortly. I am guessing close to 25 mph top speed. After driving about 2 miles, motor/wires/stock controller are all cool to the touch.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
maxwestphal
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Gps reading of 21 mph. Less than I thought but plenty fast for me
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
lmswest
Gone Wild

No offense here guys but i dont get what the big deal is with this motor.. If there was like 10 mph difference then I could see a big who ha .. But with a controller and d&d motor im going almost 29 mph with stock tires and heaps and heaps of torqe. 23 inch tires would get me to 37 on the speed calculator and my motor cost right about what this one does and it only gets 21 mph on 23s???
I dont get it? Is there something im missing?
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car