lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #21
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lifting a Pathway?

I like the looks of it without the emblem also. The emblem was coming unglued so I went ahead and took it off. I'm going to send my motor to Plum Quick next and changing all the battery cables. I'm thinking of removing the body to do all this. While I have the body off, send it to have a fresh paint job put on it. I just can't make up my mind on the color. I kinda like the color now, but I'm thinking of black or silver also.
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I went from like a beige to black. Looks great but you can see the dust on it after a couple of days. Silver was also another choice. But to be honest, I like that red!!
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #23
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

also, keep in mind, plum quick can paint the motor whatever color you'd like. I also like the purple bc its the original "Bandit" pq color. But I decided for them to paint it black for me to keep it looking "low key".
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #24
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wouldn't even think about painting it but it has some bad scratches on the left side. Black is pretty color on most anything but it is hard to keep clean.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

looks great!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #26
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

The test drive went good. I must have got everything adjusted right. Those 23" tires sure put a strain on the motor. I lost a lot of torque. The cart has a speedometer on it and I lost about 5 mph., but I've not checked it with a GPS. I drove the buggie at wide open throttle for about 2 miles. I got off and checked the motor, It was warm but not hot. I can't wait till christmas is over, I'm planning on sending the motor to Plum Quick. I took a few more pictures with a real camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00126.jpg (124.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00125.jpg (128.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00128.jpg (129.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcs13 View Post
The test drive went good. I must have got everything adjusted right. Those 23" tires sure put a strain on the motor. I lost a lot of torque. The cart has a speedometer on it and I lost about 5 mph., but I've not checked it with a GPS. I drove the buggie at wide open throttle for about 2 miles. I got off and checked the motor, It was warm but not hot. I can't wait till christmas is over, I'm planning on sending the motor to Plum Quick. I took a few more pictures with a real camera.
Don't trust the speedometer anymore... It's calibrated for 18" tires.... It's totally inaccurate now. You should have gained speed, not lost it. You'll lose power with a larger tire size but you'll gain top end speed.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #28
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcs13 View Post
I took a few more pictures with a real camera.
but with the funhouse lens attached
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #29
flsgs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Use the factory lift kit from Club Car.... Part number AM10755..... Then, make sure you use different rims on the front than you do in the rear... they need less off-set to bring the tires back inward due to the extra off-set from the brake spindles... Lifted pathways have a tendency to rub the tires on the cowl if the proper off-set isn't used. I can get part numbers for those tires for you as well if you'd like..
TahoeDawgZ71 - I have also just purchased a pathway and will begin restoration shortly, can you elaborate on the different rims for front/rear offset when keeping the original front brakes? Thanks!
flsgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #30
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsgs View Post
TahoeDawgZ71 - I have also just purchased a pathway and will begin restoration shortly, can you elaborate on the different rims for front/rear offset when keeping the original front brakes? Thanks!
There are no different rims or offset on factory tires. Only when it comes to lift kit tires. I'm not sure of the numbers. I believe it's a couple inches different. I'll measure tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car