lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 DCS Intermitent Failures

OK. I got Doug's list (finally downloaded) and will head back to camp to try the steps and see what I get.
Pique is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pretty sure you have a DCS but 5 posts on the solenoid ??

Has it got one of these on it ? http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Res...roduct_id=3147
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #23
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, so. My mistake, it only has 4 posts on the solenoid. Yes it does have a resistor assembly on the bottom of the Solenoid. I started to perform the trouble shooting steps outlined in Doug's attachemnt.
I get reference voltage from B+ to controller side of solenoid, but in step two from B+ to pin 10, I get nothing and now with the pedal depressed the solenoid is no longer clicking. The back up speaker sounds continuously when I put the run/tow switch in the run position. I then ran out of time to test further. Had to pack up and go.
Before the solenoid stop functioning, I had followed trouble shooting steps from another document I found on the forum and got the expected results fro the first seven steps. Not sure what to make ofthe solenoid no longer clicking when the pedal is depressed. I have pictures that I can add in the morning that may clear up the mystery of what type of controller including pic of the cart serail number tag.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #24
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

As I mentioned in my previous post, here are the pics of the serial number and controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS.jpg (93.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SerialNum.jpg (431.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

YEp, it's a '99 with 10 pin DCS control
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I need to re-cap where I am at.
- 1999 TXT with DCS controller.
- Initially was running but would start to sputter and eventually stop running after 30 to 60 minutes use.
- At that point when it would not run, the solenoid would still click.
- When it finally stopped running altogether, solenoid would click and when it was in Forward or reverse the cart would only go backwards.
- Now solenoid no longer clicks and the speaker emits constant back-up tone when run switch in the on position.

Is this the type of indication of a failed controller or solenoid or a diode/resistor? I am not at the cart now so I won't b able to test any further until next weekend.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Here is what I hear when I read that

I have a DCS cart. My battery pack started to fail. Voltage was low enough to stop the cart. I continued to try to make the cart go. As is usually the case in a DCS cart, the low voltage made the controller fail. No wonder they stopped making these carts.

First the control failed in one direction then the other, then even the solenoid activation circuit failed.... time for an upgrade

I hope this helps
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #28
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty. Very to the point. One last question... time for an upgrade means get rid of EZ-GO cart or get new controller, solenoid and resistor but of a higher caliber?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry to be abrupt I see that scenario a lot.
Love the cart ~ Hate the stock control.
Go for a DCX upgrade control & solenoid kit for increased speed and torque and more durability....

But take heed, the best thing you can do is put a voltmeter in dash on the cart and avoid any usage at low voltage (28v and below under load) or 36v standing voltage reading...
No reason you can't use and enjoy your cart for a very long time if you follow that one piece of advice.

Check out the upgrade pkgs. at carts unlimited.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #30
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Once again, thanks. The in dash volt meter was already on order when this all started (not the bar type. I do read your posts ). Will look for better than stock parts. Thanks to all who replied.

Paul
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO