lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My new $100.00 ride

Speaking of Motors, this one appears fried... it is not a stock motor but I can't find much info on it, it's a AMD EV6-4001 for a PDS cart.

I am wondering if I should just have the boys at Plumquick rebuild it.

I powered washed the frame and all but minor rust, it's in killer shape, a little wire wheel action and POR15 and it'll be good as new.

So where can I get replacement TXT bodies? This body is ok, but it does have some cracks and in the long run it might just be better to get a different body.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: My new $100.00 ride

Local cart dealer will have some more than likely!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Movement on this project has been very slow..... I have the frame restored and the dash is all nice an tidy, but have not made much more progress, although this weekend I did get the get the room prepped and painted, both sides....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0112.jpg (123.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0113.jpg (102.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 10-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #14
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I saw some TXT bodies on Ebay for $75.
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep, since the beginning of this thread I have done LOTs of research, I will be getting nicely painted body from LiquidLennys.com out of Florida.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Yep, since the beginning of this thread I have done LOTs of research, I will be getting nicely painted body from LiquidLennys.com out of Florida.
I've talked to him, solid guy, and you can't beat his price. You can get a new (used) body from him custom painted and shipped to your door for the same price or less than any of my local paint shops wanted to paint my existing one. You can even sell the old one on CL and recoup a few bucks!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #17
desigmon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
My 98 started out as a lowly DSC cart I may be wrong but I think you'll have to change the motor also. I changed mine to a DnD speed/torque unit.
What did you change your DCS to?
desigmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #18
Chill 1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Movement on this project has been very slow..... I have the frame restored and the dash is all nice an tidy, but have not made much more progress, although this weekend I did get the get the room prepped and painted, both sides....
Hey CheapJeep2, did you use anything on this roof other than a good sanding and the gloss black paint? Meaning any adhesive promoter. Rook here (first post, been lurking a while) and this is the next mod I want to do on my cart. Looking good so far by the way!
Chill 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #19
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill 1 View Post
Hey CheapJeep2, did you use anything on this roof other than a good sanding and the gloss black paint? Meaning any adhesive promoter. Rook here (first post, been lurking a while) and this is the next mod I want to do on my cart. Looking good so far by the way!
Yep....

First, power washed it at point blank range with Purple Power degreaser, then used a course grain synthetic steel wool pad and hot soapy dawn diswahsing soap and sanded everything, including the aluminum, rinsed very well. Put fans on it and let it dry over night. Taped off the plastic and applied self-etching primer to the aluminum, then applied adhesion promoter to the roof (top and bottom), let it dry completely, then applied Fusion Satin paint to everything... bottom got three cans. Top got four cans in overlapping motions.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
Chill 1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yep....

First, power washed it at point blank range with Purple Power degreaser, then used a course grain synthetic steel wool pad and hot soapy dawn diswahsing soap and sanded everything, including the aluminum, rinsed very well. Put fans on it and let it dry over night. Taped off the plastic and applied self-etching primer to the aluminum, then applied adhesion promoter to the roof (top and bottom), let it dry completely, then applied Fusion Satin paint to everything... bottom got three cans. Top got four cans in overlapping motions.
Looks great! Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!
Chill 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO