lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: need help. no change in to speed with the 'speed chip'

Scottyb to the rescue! He suggested in another thread to swap f1 and f2 wires at the controller in case something was wired backwards. FIXED it! Now runs nice and calm in reverse but hit 22mph in forward on a battery pack that needs charged! Thank you Scotty! :)
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
If I recall disconecting the buzzer in a PDS keeps it in all terrain mode for safety. anyone else back this up?
Don't believe it is an issue on the PDS carts but my dealer tells me if you do it on the RXVs, cart will not run.. I'm like scottyb and others though, little tape will do wonders. Not too annoying and it keeps you from backing over somebody.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #23
rib33024

Good to hear you got the cart all fixed, good looking cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #24
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

I want to say first I sold it as advertised.
It's not lowered but it's not lifted either. $2800.001996 DCS converted over to 04 PDS with new batteries, PQ high speed motor new seat's front and back. 300amp controller, all new wiring harness. Fold down windshield. The cart runs 18MPH all day long.

He knew it was modified so as the beeper being a safety issue yea right just like running 22 mph isn't in a cart made to run 13 MPH. Yea OK a PDS needs a beeper. Then add it. Just like it needs light to drive at night add them.
You need to know what your buying when you buy something Modified as stated in the add. You ask question before not after.

That's what I advertised and sold it by, never said it was stock anything are that it would run over 18MPH.

The motor was custome built for me for my RED 04 PDS cart by PQ. The red has nothing to do with the motor size are what kind it is.
I offered to send him another chip for free when he PM'ed me about it... he said no.
I have my own ?'s about all this.
The chip is messed up then the cables get swaped. After he has had it for a month. I don't know.

cartshaferz,
First I want to say I'm glad you got it straightened out.
I don't know how they got swapped. You are me I don't know it ran fine last time I drove it.
The cart runs as I said it would even better 22MPH and nothing is wrong with it now right.
So here is the deal.
You had the cart and trailer 2 months now and I haven't herd a thing from you since the last PM about a month ago about the cart. Which you said was fixed. Then tonight run across this thread.

If you want your money back just bring the cart back to me. I'll refund your money for the cart but you own the trailer.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #25
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I want to say first I sold it as advertised.
It's not lowered but it's not lifted either. $2800.001996 DCS converted over to 04 PDS with new batteries, PQ high speed motor new seat's front and back. 300amp controller, all new wiring harness. Fold down windshield. The cart runs 18MPH all day long.

He knew it was modified so as the beeper being a safety issue yea right just like running 22 mph isn't in a cart made to run 13 MPH. Yea OK a PDS needs a beeper. Then add it. Just like it needs light to drive at night add them.
You need to know what your buying when you buy something Modified as stated in the add. You ask question before not after.

That's what I advertised and sold it by, never said it was stock anything are that it would run over 18MPH.

The motor was custome built for me for my RED 04 PDS cart by PQ. The red has nothing to do with the motor size are what kind it is.
I offered to send him another chip for free when he PM'ed me about it... he said no.
I have my own ?'s about all this.
The chip is messed up then the cables get swaped. After he has had it for a month. I don't know.

cartshaferz,
First I want to say I'm glad you got it straightened out.
I don't know how they got swapped. You are me I don't know it ran fine last time I drove it.
The cart runs as I said it would even better 22MPH and nothing is wrong with it now right.
So here is the deal.
You had the cart and trailer 2 months now and I haven't herd a thing from you since the last PM about a month ago about the cart. Which you said was fixed. Then tonight run across this thread.

If you want your money back just bring the cart back to me. I'll refund your money for the cart but you own the trailer.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I dont think Andy ever misrepresented the cart. It came with everything it was supposed to.

It didnt have a beeper. I asked about it. Andy told me I could add it later. I was well aware there was no beeper.

It was advertised as a 18mph cart. I did not check the speed of the thing when I picked the cart up. Shame on me maybe? I had just driven for an entire day to get to south carolina to pick it up, so checking the speed of the cart was the LAST thing on my mind. It was quite some time after I actually got the cart that I checked the speed, and it absolutely was nowhere near 18mph. I had changed NOTHING. Cart was in storage in the next town over, so other than putting the new wheels and tires on it, I had never even lifted the seat. I simply expected that when my foot hit the floor, the cart would go 18mph.

On top of the cart being in storage in the next town over, I was promoted to a position where I travel a lot. I spent 3 weeks straight in Seattle. Please dont question the time it took me to realize there was a problem, diagnose, then repair. If I was home every night... it would have happened much quicker. Life takes over sometimes.

The first time I noticed via GPS speedometer that the cart was nowhere near 18mph, I went to the obvious place... the speed chip... to see what was there and try to figure out that the cart was not in freedom mode for some reason (I could reasonably assume this since I was only at about 12mph.) Hence the reason I went straight to the speed chip. I found 1 terminal that was in poor shape, so I assumed that was it. I did PM Andy to ask about it, and he did offer to send out another speed chip. I declined. I already had ordered a windshied (I, stupidly, lost the one that came with the cart on the way home,) so I had another speed chip coming already.

New speed chip arrived, and was still not at 18mph after following the install directions. Ok... so I thought maybe the cart was just not going into freedom mode for some other reason. That is when folks on here started wondering if the beeper has to work to allow freedom mode or anything like that. I wondered if maybe the speed control had failed somewhere along the line. Either way... I was prepared to take care of whatever the issue was.

Keep in mind that this entire time, I noticed, and posted in multiple threads and PM's about the fact that the cart seemed WAY faster in reverse. I was asked a gamut of questions from multiple members about pack voltage, state of charge, etc. I was personally 'feeling' like there was something else amiss... remember... the cart was in the next town over, and I was in Seattle... I couldnt just grab my Fluke and go out for testing.

So i made ANOTHER thread (seen here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ce-torque.html) to ask about all of the speed/reverse speed/torque issues I thought I was having and try to nail it down further to ONE problem.

ScottyB simply suggested that I try to swap the F1 and F2 motor wires at the controller. Problem fixed! Its the first time I had ever even touched the wires on the cart, but the problem went away as soon as i made this change. Forward now hit ~20mph. Had a decent amount of torque. Reverse was a little bit slower and less torque, which is exactly what I expected.

So yeah. Thats the long version. Heres the short one:

Drove to SC to pick up the cart.
Got cart home.
Realized cart was only running 12-13mph.
Swapped f1 and f2 wires at controller (also had to swap direction wires on the FNR switch.)
Problem went away.

I am SUPER happy with the cart and the trailer. They are everything I was looking for, and I feel like my wife and got a hell of a deal from Andy. You're not getting it back Andy. I already have the lights and new windshield on. Cart looks awesome!

Speaking of the trailer... my wife never did put the old title back in the mail. She has it in her purse, and I asked her once again to get the thing in the mail. I gotta get the trailer registered before Mr. Policeman notices I dont have plates on it.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

shaferz, don't worry about it, you did nothing wrong.
I keep reading your threads hoping the seller would respond. Well, he finally did.

It was very odd indeed that the field wires were reversed at the controller. I don't think anybody would have expected you to find this on your own.
I'm sorry to hear you lost the windshield on the way home.

Anyway, You got it home, it's working as expected, if you need any more help with the cart, just come on back. We are all here to help.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #27
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #28
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Yes most of us are here to in a + manner. Some I'm not so sure of!
I do this in my spare time not for a living. I work 12 hr rotating shifts, so I don't have as much time as I would like to work on carts and to answer all these questions people have on here and 2 other sites I'm a member of. I have helped more people on there stuff than most on any of these forum's and do it cheaper than any of them most of the time.
I answered his pm to me about the cart running slow.
I told him check the batteries and that they were new and it was a matter of terrain the cart was rode on. Also after he said it had sat in storage I told him make sure they were charged up good.
I got the next pm and all was good no explanation just that it was running fine that was 3-4 weeks ago. He was happy with it. I assumed the batteries were low as anyone would have. End of story...Not!

I happen to come across this thread about the cart.

Now as far as how the F-1 and F-2 got swaped I can't say. Maybe I did put them on backwards I don't know for sure. I admit I'm human. I make mistakes as some on here think they don't, I know I do.
I say I must have since he say's he didn't change anything. I also don't know how the chip could go bad but he said it did. I don't know I haven't seen the cart.
shaferz,
I'm glad you like the cart and sorry you had the problems with it. I just wished you would have kept me in the loop.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter I'm working tonight got to go!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #29
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post

I also don't know how the chip could go bad but he said it did.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter I'm working tonight got to go!
I have not even verified to see that the original 'chip' is actually 'bad.' At the time, and knowing as little as I knew about carts in general, it was the only assumption I could make.

As you know, the 'chip' is not a complicated thing. Its a plug with some wires jumpered. One of the terminals that one of the wires lands on appeared to be 'pushed' out of the plug itself, and I could not get it to snugly 'reseat.' I was hopeful that this was the issue with the whole 12mph thing, and they are uber cheap to replace - so that was the first step I took. Now I possibly have a spare.

I'm 200% positive I never touched the F1/F2 leads going to the controller. It may have been a simple misplacement after you cleaned the thing up spotless for me?

Keeping you 100% in the loop never even crossed my mind. We made a business transaction, and I generally thought I bought the cart as-is - so I assumed I was just responsible for getting it running how I wanted it to run. If I truly thought I got dicked or if I thought I'd been had, I would have been driving to SC to give the cart back. You sold me a fantastic cart!

Speaking of work... I should really get off my laptop and get on the plane. Back to Seattle this week!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #30
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm sorry to hear you lost the windshield on the way home.
Here's the story on the original windshield. Andy included what appeared to be a brand new clear flip down windshield. To protect it on the drive home, we took it COMPLETELY off, and stowed it in the back of our Trailblazer SS for the drive home.

Well... we stopped somewhere in bumfuck Kentucky to sleep for a few hours (and to have some adult beverages that we had stowed in a cooler.) 6 hours of sleep in a shady hotel later - we took the cooler back out to the truck. Removed windshield from the back of the truck. Laid windshield on trailer toolbox so we could pack the cooler back into the truck. Closed the rear hatch of the truck. Hopped in the truck and drove away. Mile or so down the road, it sounded like we ran over something, but kept driving anyway (I was in a huge hurry to get home.)

We got home. After unpacking everything I realized that the windshield was missing. Neither of my buddies who went with me saw it after we were at the hotel. :facepalm:

WHOOPS. Wife was none too happy about it, but I ended up getting a tinted windshield like I wanted anyway.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO