lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
drgreenthumb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1991 ez-go electric cart issues

Hello and thanks for reading. I am new to the golf cart world. I have purchased this cart and have a few question.

Is there anything I can do relatively simple to increase the low end torque. I'm very satisfied with the top speed over all and my batteries hold a good charge and reads the right voltage. Its just extremely weak on hills. I'm using this as a farm cart and could use some advice on what route to start of anyoned willing to share. Thanks.
drgreenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 ez-go electric cart issues

You Can start by increasing the size of the battery cables to 2g for 36v systems and upgrade the F&R...

Is this 91 a resistor coil cart or an electronic speed control drive system?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
drgreenthumb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for replying Scotty b . Honestly, I'm not sure. I did just upload some photos of the cart and under the seat , It appears to be a speed control box but I'm uncertain. Do you sell the 2g wire upgrade for these carts also? The cart needs a little work here and there and I'm gonna have to throw some cash at it, just don't know where to start. Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, it is a controller cart. That will make it easier to upgrade.
I do make the cable set for the cart and I have controller/solenoid upgrade kits too. Looks like you have some battery tray repair to do.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
drgreenthumb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I do man. It has rusted and broke in half bout 2 days ago . I have a buddy that welds I'm gonna get him to fix it next day or so. I do notice the speed control is mounted to it and affects the throttle but i got it pulled up pretty good with the rope at the moment. it was sluggish and weak before it ever broke and drop down.
Whats those 2g sets going for and a box upgrade. Top speed gain is cool for sure but over all I,m looking for enough torque to pull 2 250 pound guys and maybe a few beers up a decent size hill. It pulls them now but at about 3 mph probably .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO