lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ? about pds controller

If the solenoid is activated by the controller.can you remove the motor wires from the motor to check just the controller.I have a solenoid that only works one time after you turn off the tow/maint. switch and it's only on for a sec.before it stops working.Then you have to turn the tow switch off again for it to try to work.
Long story short,I would like to eliminate the motor as a problem.

Thanks
Stumpy

Ps all voltage to the solenoid stops after one try,till the tow/maint. is reset.
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ? about pds controller

PDS controllers detect both armature and field windings, so they might shut down the controller if they aren't connected, but I don't know for sure, one way or the other.

Try putting controller in diagnostic mode and see if there are any fault codes.
Here is the label that lists fault codes and describes how it get into diagnostic mode.

Also, the troubleshooting tree starting on page F-10 in service manual that can be downloaded from the Stickies, tells you how to check motor when connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I had a cart with problems very similar to what you describe. The solenoid would work again after cycling the run/tow switch. We determined that the r/t switch was rebooting the computer. This worked momentarily and failed again. A new controller was the solution to the problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. I did try the code test and it went 2-1 That's low voltage in the batt. but I know that's not right,because everything is new and all voltage is right.
I don't know what happens if there is other problems when the code is read.
I know you can't check things out if there is more than I thing wrong,that take experience like you guys have.
I think it's the controller like ScottyB said.
I'm going to check the controller like the link said to do and Just maybe something will show up.
I will post any results I come up with.

Thanks all
Stumpy
Old 07-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry for late reply. It was the controller,changed and everything fine for now.

Thanks all.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO