lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #31
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Battery Meter Hookup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack Courtney View Post
What is the best way to route the wires from console to battery compartment?
I plan to have the three wires inside a plastic tubing for protection.
I used some split loom plastic conduit from the automotive store. Route it through the holes in the frame under the floor and secure with cable ties.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Follow the key switch wire route. It goes out the front and down the passenger side of the cart into the battery bay near the controller and pack main connections.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #33
NBeat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Nice installation.

I like the idea of covering the Tee holder with a SoC list.

If you have an auxiliary 12V battery, you might find a SPDT-Center Off rocker switch that will fit the same hole you made in the panel, so you can take a peek at the 12V battery as well as the pack.
I just purchased my meter and have an auxilary battery . . . how do I wire the meter so that I can switch between displaying the battery pack voltage and the aux battery voltage? SPDT switch with center off . . . can you post a diagram?
NBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #34
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeat View Post
I just purchased my meter and have an auxilary battery . . . how do I wire the meter so that I can switch between displaying the battery pack voltage and the aux battery voltage? SPDT switch with center off . . . can you post a diagram?
I screwed up a little on that. If your Auxiliary battery is completely separate from your main battery pack, you'll need a DPDT Center-OFF switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DVM with DPDT.JPG (50.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #35
NBeat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

When shopping for a DPDT switch I want to make sure it can handle up to 72volts (planning to upgrade the battery pack). How do I verify the switch can handle it?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #36
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeat View Post
When shopping for a DPDT switch I want to make sure it can handle up to 72volts (planning to upgrade the battery pack). How do I verify the switch can handle it?
They make them that can handle 125v. That should do it.

Did not find any on the sponsors sites, but you could give them a call. Here one at parts express.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...=%7Bkeyword%7D
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #37
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonC View Post
They make them that can handle 125v. That should do it.

Did not find any on the sponsors sites, but you could give them a call. Here one at parts express.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...=%7Bkeyword%7D
You might want to check with JohnnieB, the "off momentarily" feature on the switch I showed might cause problems with the gauge.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonC View Post
You might want to check with JohnnieB, the "off momentarily" feature on the switch I showed might cause problems with the gauge.
If he is using the gauge from Scottyb there might be times when he wants to leave the gauge on like during charge or to see the voltage under load so I would get one without the momentary option. The gauge from Scotty uses very little energy and leaving it on all the time is apparently no issue. The switches should be available at most automotive parts places. Napa usually has a good selection of switches.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #39
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The switch MiltonC linked to probably wouldn't work too well. It only stays on in either direction while you are pushing the toggle in that direction.

Like Rickochet says, the switch Scotty sells hardly uses any current at all, so you can leave it on all the time without worrying about discharging your batteries.

A DPDT is all that is needed, the center-off part just gives you the option of turning it off when you want to.

My meter is hardwired to the pack and stays on all the time, but if I ever add an accessory battery, I'll probably use on with center-off.
(I don't have any accessories at the present. )

As for voltage, anything that exceeds the planned pack voltage will do, there isn't any current to speak of, so the Amp rating isn't a concern.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #40
NBeat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I ordered a "Heavy Duty Toggle Switch DPDT Center Off 20 Amp 125VAC" from Amazon for $3 . . . Hope it works!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO