lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
firennc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV body, lift, maintenance oh my..

Well as I have been reading on this site as well as others and I have not found my topic about lifts. So here goes. Which is a better lift system and why for a ez go rxv? Jakes or going with the oem one from ez go? Or is this one of them glass half full kinda things?*

Another question is has anyone taken the front cowl and body off a rxv? I have a buddy who would paint it for nothing if I either tape it up or take it apart. I would rather take it apart for better results. Which I'm sure most would agree that taken it all off is the better way to go

Last one for now..ok I've read on the maintenance fill systems and still lost as to this question. Do I leave it on or take it off. From what I have read here there is a mix of feeling on them. Some say leave it while others say get rid of it. Just want to do what will be best in the long run for the cart.

Thanks in advance
Chris
Still new to all this so go easy on me
firennc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV body, lift, maintenance oh my..

Taking the front off is easy.2 torq screws on the sides and 4smaller ones on the dash.As far as lift kit jakes has the best name. I have recently used an off brand name kit and it's well made. I picked it up locally for 250 for a 6" lift.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
redking
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

On your lift question.... I have a 2008 RXV with a Jakes lift, had it on for the past three years and no issues. I find Jake's kits are quality lifts. I also replaced the stock rear springs with the heavy duty replacement. Add monroe shocks in the rear as well.
redking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
firennc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the responses. I'm leaning towards the jakes lift at this point. Going to go ahead and replace the rear springs and shock as well. Might as well while its taken apart and not have to do it later.
Think there is enough room behind the cup holder to put a 12v battery? I think there might be just enough room as long as its a sealed type battery. Thought?
firennc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: RXV body, lift, maintenance oh my..

Quote:
Originally Posted by redking View Post
On your lift question.... I have a 2008 RXV with a Jakes lift, had it on for the past three years and no issues. I find Jake's kits are quality lifts. I also replaced the stock rear springs with the heavy duty replacement. Add monroe shocks in the rear as well.

RedKing, give us some more info on the shock you used on the rear of your RXV. A item # would be great and some feedback on performance. Thanks
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
redking
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggity View Post
RedKing, give us some more info on the shock you used on the rear of your RXV. A item # would be great and some feedback on performance. Thanks
These are the shocks I have on the back of my RXV:

Amazon.com: Monroe 555002 Gas-Magnum RV Shock Absorber: Automotive Amazon.com: Monroe 555002 Gas-Magnum RV Shock Absorber: Automotive

The shocks provide great stabilization and no bottoming out even with some heavyweights on the back seat.
redking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to order a couple. Happy New Years.
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO