lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Time for batteries in RXV

Thanks mm, I will grab a TXT battery tray next time I am at the dealer I will put it next to a stripped RXV and compair a little.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I talked with the man that is selling RXV's with 8 volt batteries. He actually said for the money to buy 4 Trojan 1275 batteries and they are almost as good as the 8 volt batteries and save myself $300. This was the route I was thinking so I think I am going to replace batteries with the trojan 1275's as these are among the top batteries and add an inverter instead of an extra battery.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
Scruff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
I talked with the man that is selling RXV's with 8 volt batteries. He actually said for the money to buy 4 Trojan 1275 batteries and they are almost as good as the 8 volt batteries and save myself $300. This was the route I was thinking so I think I am going to replace batteries with the trojan 1275's as these are among the top batteries and add an inverter instead of an extra battery.
I just installed 4 new 1275's - absolutely no regrets. Pack holds at 51.4 after 12hrs rest. Just follow the breakin steps and I think you will be happy
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #15
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I talked with my local dealer today and he is going to work with me on installing a TXT battery tray into my lifted RXV in order to switch to 6 8 volt batteries. He has a destroyed RXV in his shop and agreed to let me work with it and test fit the new battery tray. My first concern is I know the TXT trays are metal. Do they have corrosion issues? I am thinking I am going to get it mounted then remove it and Rhinoline it. Also my dealer is telling me he can get 6 8 volt Interstate batteries cheaper than 4 12 volt. All I hear is Trojan are the best. My dealer claims it is all name brand and the Interstates are just as good. Does anyone have experience with Interstate 8 volt batteries? Thanks, Jeremy
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
I talked with my local dealer today and he is going to work with me on installing a TXT battery tray into my lifted RXV in order to switch to 6 8 volt batteries. He has a destroyed RXV in his shop and agreed to let me work with it and test fit the new battery tray. My first concern is I know the TXT trays are metal. Do they have corrosion issues? I am thinking I am going to get it mounted then remove it and Rhinoline it. Also my dealer is telling me he can get 6 8 volt Interstate batteries cheaper than 4 12 volt. All I hear is Trojan are the best. My dealer claims it is all name brand and the Interstates are just as good. Does anyone have experience with Interstate 8 volt batteries? Thanks, Jeremy
I'd be interested in some pictures and lessons learned from your conversion.

You ought to start a thread as I have seen a number of members who are interested in the 6 X 8V solution.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #17
Melonbuster
Not Yet Wild

Stick with Trojan. Be careful with rhinoliner. It goes on thick and may interfere with battery fit. Consider line-x instead because it can be sprayed thinner and left untextured and won't interfere with battery fit.
Melonbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #18
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice about Rhinoliner. I know lizard skin is said to be good. I would feel better with Trojan as well. Gonna go with my gut. I was planning on starting a thread on the build up as RXV's are getting more popular.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #19
jukerocks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I have Interstate batteries in my Par Car. They are about 4 years old now and I have noticed acid on the floor of my garage underneath the cart. I keep distilled water in the batteries at the correct level and am not sure why I'm seeing this now when it was not a problem before. Does this discharge on the floor mean that the batteries are reaching their useful life? The cart seems to run out of juice a lot faster than it used to.
jukerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonbuster View Post
Be careful with rhinoliner. It goes on thick and may interfere with battery fit. Consider line-x instead because it can be sprayed thinner and left untextured and won't interfere with battery fit.
I can't speak to RXV battery trays, but my '98 TXT tray has plenty of room. Without measuring, I'd guess a 1/16" (*) thick coating wouldn't interfere at all, at least on mine. That's 1/8" reduction on length and width, and WAY thicker than any protective coating would ever be.

FWIW, I used Rustoleum spray-on, then decided to convert to their brush-on, to allow a thicker coating.

* I usually talk in mils for protective coatings, but not everyone deals with mils.

EDIT: I have no experience with Rhinoliner, so I may be wrong about thickness.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO