lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 48v battery question

OK. I wasnt going to spend the money but to get the speed I want I think this is the road to go down. I got a 400 NPX controller, 4g cable thru out and a 200 amp 48v solenoid that I hope holds up for a while, plus the HD FnR from carts U.
1. I know the T105 are the poster child for 6v batteries but what are most using for 8v ( unless you go 8 6v, I wont for weight purposes )
2. If I go with a seperate 12v for lights and ipod amp, what are most using and charging them up with?
I will probably go with US batteries. I got an EZ GO guy about 1 hr away that will deliver for 100$ ea. And of course I plan this and my 50" plasma craps out at the same time
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy_hd View Post
OK. I wasnt going to spend the money but to get the speed I want I think this is the road to go down. I got a 400 NPX controller, 4g cable thru out and a 200 amp 48v solenoid that I hope holds up for a while, plus the HD FnR from carts U.
1. I know the T105 are the poster child for 6v batteries but what are most using for 8v ( unless you go 8 6v, I wont for weight purposes )
2. If I go with a seperate 12v for lights and ipod amp, what are most using and charging them up with?
I will probably go with US batteries. I got an EZ GO guy about 1 hr away that will deliver for 100$ ea. And of course I plan this and my 50" plasma craps out at the same time
Trojan 875 and Crown 190 are equal...8VGCHC US battery is a close second
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In searching about 48v upgrades, I think Jonnie B posted in a thread about upgrading the resistor for 250 ohm to 470 ohm. Is this something I can get at Radio Shack?? Looks like I have everything but the batteries and charger, the later will be ordered as soon as I close a deal on mine..I have a trojan dealer close, but not sure on crown.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Trojan 875 and Crown 190 are equal...8VGCHC US battery is a close second
Wouldn't the T-890 be the CR-190 equal? They are both 190AH while the T-875 is only 170AH.
(FWIW: The US 8VGCHC is 183AH)

Quote:
In searching about 48v upgrades, I think Jonnie B posted in a thread about upgrading the resistor for 250 ohm to 470 ohm. Is this something I can get at Radio Shack?? Looks like I have everything but the batteries and charger, the later will be ordered as soon as I close a deal on mine..I have a trojan dealer close, but not sure on crown.
Changing from 250 Ohms to 470 Ohms, isn't really an upgrade, it's just matching the Ohmic value to the battery pack voltage.
At 48V you will need a 470 Ohm, 10 Watt resistor. The Wattage value can be higher.
It is a fairly common resistance and power, so Radio Shack and just about anyplace that sells electrical/electronic components, should have it.

Whatever brand of 8V GC batteries you decide to go with, get the highest Amp-Hour rated one you can afford.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

going with the US batts. I know the 470 ohm isnt an ugrade but I read a few threads that were going to that. Overall its an upgrade from 36v. I found one on ebay from evdrives.... My solenoid is a 200 amp one. Will this be a bottleneck on the overall system? or should I get the HD 400 amp?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With a 400A controller and 4Ga cable a 200A continuous/400A peak solenoid will be okay unless you plan on doing a lot of hill climbing, then a higher rated one would probably last longer.

Stock solenoids are only about 80A continuous and they don't fail all that often even though stock controllers are up to about 300A.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks. mainly flatland riding just trying to increase top end speed a little
Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can find that 470ohm resistor at ANY golf cart shop.

My Bad on the battery = T890 is the proper equivalent to the CR190 (crown makes it so easy!)

If you got that 200a solenoid from me it has a 800 amp inrush capacity which is more than you need.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I did
You are good to go!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO