lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
jdgbwg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO standard or DCS

Trying to figure out if my 1998 is a DCS or standard. I typed in the serial number on EZGO website and it came back as not recognized. I'm trying to get parts on their website. Serial number is 1139356 and product number is
M198. Help please and thank you
jdgbwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO standard or DCS

'98 could be Series or DCS drive.
Use this chart to identify yours
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
jdgbwg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty thanks for the reply but still little confused. The middle series of pics more closely resemble mine. The round grey pic looks like what's behind my F/R handle but not sure what the bottom pics are referring to. Thanks again
jdgbwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The bottom pics are the controlers. For ID purposes, you don't normally need to be concerned about them as they are probably hidden from view. The usual identifier is the cover placed over the controller. Under the passenger side there should be a big black plastic box. On the forward face of that box there will, or will not, be a toggle switch labeled "run/tow". If you have the toggle switch, which you should if the interior side of your shifter arm looks like the silver circle, you have a sepex motor. If you do not have have the toggle switch you should an easily recognizable lever and rod behind, (inside), of the shift lever. That would indicate a series motor.

BTW: Mine is also a 98 and checking the ID via that same link resulted in the same response. Mine is a series cart.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgbwg View Post
Scotty thanks for the reply but still little confused. The middle series of pics more closely resemble mine. The round grey pic looks like what's behind my F/R handle but not sure what the bottom pics are referring to. Thanks again
Sounds like you have the DCS drive system, can you find the run/tow switch on the speed controller cover?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO