lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need Info for a Lift kit on a 1996 ezgo dcs

kgsc, whoops I didn't even think to look at their sponsorship. Surely if they dropped off, that the powers that be will approach them to get them back. Good people.
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

They were good to me also but ya never know..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

IMO, I like drop axle lifts.. Here is a link to a sponsor with a 5" Jakes http://www.eastcoastcarts.com/catalo...Carts/6203.htm
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #24
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

ok guys.. remember i am new... what is the difference between a drop axle and a spindle lift kit... it seems that a lot of people are split between the two. or is it just a preference thing? i guess what i am saying is what are the advantages VS disadvantages with them...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

OK forget about the back lift, that is the same. A drop axle kit replaces the entire front axle. A spindle kit replaces just the spindles and lowers the hub. I like the drop axle version. IMO I think it puts less stress on the front components. Spindle lift is probably easier to put on but I will still use the drops when I can.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #26
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

thanks!! will one make the cart have a wider stance than the other? like you told me about lastnight... as far as being able to fit in the back of a pick up.. this is not a huge factor for me as I have a trailer that will work if i need it.. I was just wanting to know.. the cart will be 90% on a golf course and 10% trail riding..
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes, the spindle lift will push the front end wider. I think my brothers measured like 52 inches.. but that is just his setup. Standard space between fenders is like 49-50 inches. On another note, as you plan to use this mostly on the course, remember the higher you lift it the higher the center of gravity gets, ie.. easier to flip over. My plan for my people mover was to put the 3 inch lift on with some 20 inch tires. Raises it a total of about 4 inches. Easy to get in and out of and will go on most mild trails. If I want to go more aggressive I have carts for that. The tallest is 22 inches from the floor to the ground but not something you can just slide into. There is climbing involved..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO