lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #11
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Radio Memory Hookup

Just change it to the station you want when your ready to ride or want to listen to the radio, problem solved. I have the same issue and I prefer not to have any trickle charge coming from my batts saving pre set stations. When my cart is off it is off!

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #12
Billy Hale
Not Yet Wild

I put a master switch on the dash from the auxiliary battery. When we use it camping I just leave it on all day to save radio stations and sound settings. At night I cut the switch off and charge the aux. battery and reset everything the next morning. Also when the cart is not in use at home I just leave the switch off. The switch also cuts off the aux power plug. (Cigarette lighter plug) I use it to charge my I Phone or run my spot light.
Billy Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

I got a new boat radio that stores station in non-volatile memory exactly for that reason.

Now I just have a USB stick with all my Favs on it...

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #14
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I tried my 9v idea last night. Got faceplate to light up and then immediately off. I thought I shorted the darn thing. Put it back like it was and it still works.......thank goodness. So I guess it doesn't work. I have mine tied to converter with key activation and just spend the extra seconds to find station and go. But the OP peeked my curiosity.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

A 9v battery cannot power the entire radio, as I explained in post #9, you need a relay to switch the power back to the converter as soon as it is available.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #16
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sergio- I didn't think a 9v battery would power the radio nor did I say that. I referred to the memory. I did want to try to power the "memory" function. I'm no expert and didn't claim to be. Was it an exercise in futility yes did it hurt no. I do like your solution but I am perfectly content setting a station after I turn the key on.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car