lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
paulss
Getting Wild

Default US Battery questions

It's about time I replace the Trojan T105s in my wife's 07 PDS. The best price I've received on 105s is $130 each.

I have a guy that buys and sells carts that sells US Battery. He will sell me 1800XC for $88, 2000XC for $98 or 125XC for $108. All these are fresh and have a year warranty.

My questions for all you old pros are these:

1) Are there any significant differences/advantages between Trojan and US Battery?

2) Assuming that US Battery is a viable choice, other than the amount of lead and reserve hours, are the any differences in the 3 models listed? My wife mainly uses this cart for puttering around 5-10 acres - we hardly ever run for more than 2-3 miles. I believe (tell me if I'm wrong) the 1800XS will be more then capable of handling this as well as the occasional 5-6 mile run to a neighbor's place. Of more concern than the miles I'll be putting on these batteries is the longevity of them. Will the more expensive (200XC or 125XC) be capable of more charging cycles and have longer lives? Paying $60 or $120 more is no consequence if it results in more charging cycles and longer life.

3) I've searched every thing I could think of with no luck but, somewhere in the grey matter, I remember seeing a post that said US Battery has a different charging profile than Trojan. I have one of the fabulous Powerwise QE chargers and, so far, it has worked fine with the Trojans. Will it work with the US Battery units and/or is there something different I'll need to do.

Thanks in advance for all your help and wisdom.
paulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO